• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA "Pascal" GPUs to be Built on 16 nm TSMC FinFET Node

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
The combination of a less efficient architecture but more transistors for same die size and assuming that AMD uses a design, layout, and instruction sets that are slightly inferior to Nvidia's for GAMING purposes, then I can see, overall, AMD competing equally with Nvidia.

Fury X is 8.9 billion transistors.
980 Ti is 8 billion.

The "architecture" difference in terms of efficiency is marginal at best and not even clear which company has the upper hand especially if you take the whole DX11/DX12 optimization into account.

Processor Intel 7700K 5.1Ghz (Intel advised me not to OC this CPU)
Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Code
Cooling Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum
Memory 48GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 Dual Channel (2x16 & 2x8)
Video Card(s) nVIDIA Titan XP (Overclocks like a champ but stock performance is enough)
Storage Intel 760p 2280 2TB
Display(s) MSI Optix MPG27CQ Black 27" 1ms 144hz
Case Thermaltake View 71
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1000 Platinum2
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro (not recommded, I am on my second mouse with same defect)
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 1803
Benchmark Scores Yes I am Intel fanboy that is my benchmark score.
Lower fab processes will most likely bring lower power, so maybe WC will not be required?

Not everyone like the idea of WC in their system. I am hoping that these next gen chips don't require a massive coolers and like one of the member said that is exactly the point of die shrink.