1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NZXT Unveils Line of Premium Cables and Performance Fans

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Feb 5, 2010.

1. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    so glad i saw this, wanted to sleeve my cables... but didn't really want to sleeve them, and this is perfect, kinda hack buying it premade but whatever it'll still look nice.. got a 24 pin and 6 pin and 8 pin, then grabbed a goliathas mat from razer and 2 xiggy 140's for the obsidian 800d... ooo i can't wait, i love newegg goodies..

btw the 24pin was 9.99 and the 6 ppin 5.99 i believe... not to bad tbh a sleeving kit would've cost me more money upfront and a crapload more time lol

2. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
  3. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I hope they start offering these in different colors, white would be a good start. I know it's not a completely original product, but I still give props to NZXT for selling them for such a good price.

4. NastyHabits

NastyHabits

Thanks Received:
    No offense, but this looks really dumb. I thought the whole point was to reduce obstruction and increase air flow. What's the point - other than looks - of sleeving each individual wire? So the inside of your case looks even more like a snake pit? No thanks, I'll pass.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  5. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Have you seen those insanely well modded rigs? It makes things look THAT much better.

Of course there's always a group of people that care only about performance, a group that only care about aesthetics, and those that are somewhere in between. Me. :D

6. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Everyone knows they're nothing new,:laugh: Performance PC's also has them for about 60 bucks as well. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25152 I think everyone is excited because Nzxt's Sleeved cable might turn out to be a LOT cheaper and that would be awesome.:)
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    idk in my obsdian 800d, extreme asthetics and inredible airflow go hand in hand, but sleeved psu wires hardly if at all restrict airflow lol... i guess i'm in between though, but i always wanted sleeved psu wires, just don't have the time or steady hand to do it. that's all.

8. tonyd223

tonyd223 New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1 - just wet myself

9. Oliver New Member

Thanks Received:
    "Be Quiet" does that but their PSU's suck (2 blew on me).........so its not worth the €€€ only to get a low quality PSU in the kit

10. MKmods Case Mod Guru

Thanks Received:
    actually if you compare a regular 24pin cable (single tube about 5/8" diam) to one of these where the wires are individually wrapped(24 individual wires spread over a couple inches) than take into acct that a reg PS already has a ton of extra unneeded wiring but these are added on top of that.. it can restrict quite a bit of airflow.

11. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Thought of that too, where will we hide it? since the stock sleeve is in plain view inside your case.

12. aj28 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looks slick, and waaaayyy better prices than most of the custom modding places have been charging. Makes you wonder if they'll risk losing such massive profits by carrying them... In any case, the only thing missing is some hocus-pokus filter of some sort to make us feel like we were getting some sort of performance benefit out of 'em! I remember buying a set of OCZ's filtered, shielded 4-pin extensions for my old X800/HDD that (I thought) was totally worth the $10 at the time...

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_enhanced_vga-hdd_power_lead

Next question: When will these come standard on NZXT PSUs?

13. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Never, they'll need to charge more for their PSU's if they sleeve the cables like this and I doubt many people would pay premium for a mediocre PSU just for nicely sleeved cables.

Actually... does NZXT even make power supplies? :D

14. Wshlist

Thanks Received:
    I don't get why nobody thought of angling the powersupply plug 90 degrees yet like they did with the floppy/ide/sata ports at one time or another, and my point being that maybe someone should sell a adapter plug that turns that 90 degrees, because the powersupplycable with the 24 thick wires is hard to turn away cleanly.