1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

O/C'ing gone wrong and HOT!

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by Azn Tr14dZ, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just installed a Zalman VF700-Cu LED cooler on my X800 XL and at first my temps were around 38(idle) and 60(load) o/c'd from 398/492 to 432/532 and then i tried scanning for artifacts and it finds way too many and the temp reads out 105 degrees! After that i lowered the speeds back to default and the same thing happens, over 105 degrees in artifact scanning and it still finds artifacts! I need help bad from anyone!

2. KennyT772

KennyT772 New Member

Thanks Received:
    dont run youyr computer and replace the heatsink tim imdediatly. please tell me you used tim in the first place... i know it may sound liek a strupid question but im covering bases here. try to make sure everything is installed right.

3. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes u have made a cock up of installing the cooler..

trog

4. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    yup, reinstall your cooler, thermal goo and all, and screw it on TIGHT (but not too tight, we dont want to add any cards to the hardware graveyard lol)

5. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I installed the card fine and everything and i installed the TIM right but when i started overclocking is when the problem started. Everything is tight on the cooler and its fine but its the o/c'ing that causes problems. ATITool shows a lot of artifacts.
    1.everything is fine, new cooler, nice temps, scan is fine
    2.tried o/c'ing, lots of artifacts high tremps(100 celsius)
    3.lowered to default, still artifacts still high temps.

6. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    hmm OUCH. alright, what KIND of artifacts are you getting? If you're getting core artifacts (lots of little dots across the screen), underclock and run fan as high as it will go until artifacts go away. If you're getting memory artifacts (spikes coming off the render), make sure you put those RAMsinks on correctly :p . One more thing...maybe that cooler isnt designed for OCing. clean the GPU and Cooler, and then reinstall ONE MORE TIME. Then turn your system on and if all is working, DO NOT OVERCLOCK.

7. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I found the problem after a few hours investigating. The new computer desk i have barely has space for my computer. there's about an inch of clearance on each side so there is not much of an airflow so i have to get a new desk. Thanks for all of your help though!:respect:

8. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it must have been a bit toasty inside that case.. he he he.. run with the sides of your case off till u sort it properly..

trog