1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Announces New Low-Latency DDR2-800 Kits and Introduces the New Titanium Alpha Memory Series

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jun 23, 2006.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced two low latency PC2-6400 memory solutions prepared to deliver enthusiasts the performance they demand on the latest DDR2 platforms. The new PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 Edition is rated at 4-4-4 and the new PC2-6400 Titanium Alpha Edition is rated at 3-4-3-9 making this dynamic duo an exciting new addition to the acclaimed OCZ memory line.

The PC2-6400 CL3 is the first member of the OCZ Titanium Alpha series, a new line of memory that carries the industry’s highest performing DDR2 solutions. All Titanium Alpha modules feature exclusive, multicolored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders implementing an innovative Titanium deposition coating process that is resistant to scratches. Each Titanium Alpha module has its own unique color scheme and displays interchanging shades depending on the lighting and angle of the heatspreader. No two Titanium Alpha modules look alike.

“OCZ is excited to announce two new PC2-6400 low latency memory kits that are designed to maximize performance on the latest AM2 processor based platforms,” said Alex Mei, VP of Marketing, OCZ Technology, Inc. “Our goal is to offer a solution for everyone with the introduction of both a new Platinum kit with aggressive 4-4-4 timings designed for everyone up to the hard core gamer, and the release of our very first Titanium Alpha PC2-6400 kit aimed at enthusiasts, which features blistering 3-4-3 timings.”

The PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 and PC2-6400 Titanium Alpha will be available in 2GB (2x1024MB) dual channel kits. Furthermore, each OCZ PC2-6400 module is 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and is backed by an industry leading OCZ Lifetime Warranty and technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.

For more information on the OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum Edition, please click here.

For more information on the OCZ PC2-6400 Titanium Alpha Edition, please click here.

Source: OCZ Technology

2. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm a little baffled by their choice of color...

3. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Disco...!

Oh well... I wish they stuck to something more traditional...

4. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe it's so it can go with all different coloured PCs so they only need to make one type... :D

5. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    Well I'd rather get this then the CAMOFLAGE RAM!!! Haha Plus I don't use windowed cases anymore, I like less flashy cases, I really enjoy the whole stealth PC thing. No sound, No light, just pure performance.

6. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    A bit of flashyness never hurt anything :). Would have been nice if it was a shiny chrome though. But i bet if you hit that ram with just the right light you could get some multicoloured reflection on the wall ;)

7. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't use windows on the side... but I can't afford quiet cooling yet, so I've got a helicopter next to me!

8. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    My Big Typhoon shadows over the RAM, i can see the heatspreaders, but not the color.

9. BigD6997

BigD6997 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think it looks cool, but not as cool as my platnum sticks of ddr

10. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    Jimmy Akasa's Amber series is absolutely amazing for silent cooling. While expensive I reccomend it being your next step :), these new 250mm fans are amazing aswell from both XCLIO and AeroCool, the XCLIO case for my home server is perhaps one of the best cases I have bought that are under $45.

(Sorry off topic haha)

11. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    It's OCZ's strategy to get mac users into PC building :laugh:.

12. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol, funny...

13. Jimmy 2004

Jimmy 2004 New Member

Thanks Received:

Thanks - I'll have a look at Akasa. I need to buy a new power supply soon as well because it only just keeps up with my X800 so I'll look when I have the cash to spare!