1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OCZ Reaper HPC 6 GB DDR3 1866 MHz CL 8 Kit

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Awesome review as always DS. I love how these scale well as sometimes even good mfgs dimms don't scale well as you go higher. Awesome 1400mhz at Cl5, that is kick ass.
  3. Mescalamba

Thanks Received:
    These are based on Elpida MNE-Hyper, so logicaly, they scale well with voltage. But it can have some disadvantages.. as you may already know. :D

Btw. I hope you increase VTT aswell, unless you want your IMC to die soon.. keep at least max difference of 0.5V between VTT and vDIMM.. or better 0.3V (should be fine forever). 1.5V VTT is fine on air, 1.7V under water or L2N/DICE.

Intel limited this cause of B rev. of i7.. which tend to die really fast if this rule of max 0.5V difference was broken.. Otherwise.. vDimm is quite safe as long as you keep it at least 0.5V from VTT.

Eg. VTT at 1.5V allows you to use memory up to 2V.. (tough I wouldn´t recommand more than 1.8V).

Altought I´m happy that you test on Bloodrage, this board capability for memory overclock are really more than average board can do.. so don´t expect same OC on other boards (maybe except DFi or eVGA´s high-end).

Nice review ofc.