1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Official Blackberry 10 Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Super XP, Nov 7, 2012.

1. nt300

nt300

Thanks Received:
    Hope so for competition sake.

2. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    It's great to see Apple slumping for once, and it continues week by week, month by month. I am sure BB10's massive launch along with Windows Phone will not help them all that much. I don't see Android slumping anytime soon despite BB10 and Windows, but Apple, yes I can see them losing market share by as much as 15% by the end of the year IMO :)

RIM beats estimates w/ Q3 Profit:
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/research-in-motion-beats-estimates-with-third-quarter-profit-1.1086561
    RIM shows surprising growth, readies for BlackBerry 10
    http://www.firstpost.com/tech/rim-shows-surprising-growth-readies-for-blackberry-10-468426.html
    -----------------------------------------
    Hopefully BB10 takes back some market share. Acually I wouldn't mind seeing both Blackberry 10 and Windows Phone strip market share from both Samsung (Android) and Apple (iPhone). This back and forth is great competition and an incentive to innovate :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  3. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Bump.
    We have less than 5 Days until the greatest mobile platform gets launched. BlackBerry 10 has been rated very high as being the best platform even before it's official launch date. :)

4. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    BlackBerry finally launches the greatest mobile platform ever released in the world. And reception has been very positive. Black is Back. The BB10 Z10 outselling iPhone 5 in the UK. 1st it was the PlayBook outselling the iPad in the UK, now the Superior Z10.

Awesome, In the UK, BlackBerry's Z10 is in high demand and sells several 100's of Thousands
    Stores had line ups all around the buildings. Carrier rumours have stated approx: 400,000 to 500,000 sold with demand increasing every day as word of mouth gets spread.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2013/02/01/rimm-jefferies-pounds-the-table-on-software-prospects-z10-sales/

In Canada demand exceeds supply. That was about 2 weeks ago. Carrier employee from Rogers stated. I hope BB did not underestimate the demand for the Z10.

Apple's age old iOS and Googles Malware infested Android is no match for BlackBerry's QNX.
    BlackBerry was behind about 2 years, now with BlackBerry 10 they've not only caught up, but have surpassed the competition in innovation, style, speed, design, Superior OS, etc., just to name a few.

It's about time BB10 takes back market share. :D

---------------
    BlackBerry 10 - Recipe On How To Attract Android And iOS Users
    http://atinsider.simplesite.com/
    -------------
    Starbucks App for BlackBerry 10 Devices.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/starbucks-app-for-blackberry-10-devices/

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Good grief man, this is like reading marketing slurs.

6. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    Ya think he has stock with them? After reading this Id say there is some secret incentive. :laugh: Anyway I had a BB it was OK of course it wasn't a 10 but still to me its just another fad. Next week next month another "new" phone will come out. Then all the kids these days will flock to it. Look at Apple now. It wasn't that long ago everyone and their mamma wanted a iphone 5. What a waste now it must a been a real POS. :confused:

The phone looks like it has nice features. I hope they do stay in business as it is always good to have competition.

Just one question. Where the heck are all these people getting money to buy a new phone every time a new one shows its face? I see kids many with no job with several $400-500.00 phones. It just makes no sence especially when this country is in such poor shape with the massive lack of jobs and millions of people living off government checks. Society has lost its marbles I swear. :shadedshu

7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I know what you mean. I assume someone (their parents) buy them for them, or they have expensive monthly plans. Some of them have jobs though. I think most people on this forum has jobs, judging by their system specs and how often they swap GPU's. :p

8. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    I have no stock position lol.
    3 year plans and the Z10 costs $149 and $139 depending on who the carrier is. $500 to $600 with no contract.

9. Grnfinger

Grnfinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am looking forward to the 10 release.
    Supported RIM for a long time and hope this will turn them around.

Time to sell my GS3

10. nt300

nt300

Thanks Received:
    Waited long for this one and finally coming back home to the Blackberry. :toast:

11. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    I was not intending to point fingers at forum members if that is the way it read sorry. I meant in general.

I am guilty of buying my daughter a iphone though but it was 1 phone for Christmas and she will be using it till the contract runs out period. Provided it doesnt die. :) I cant afford to buy one every time a new gizmo comes out. :D

12. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I want BB to die for one main reason--they will take all the BESs with them. Oh and it would be satisfying considering how arrogant they once were.

13. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Wonderful, and I want Apple and it's iPhone to die because of there Arrogance.
    It's refreshing to see BlackBerry back with the best mobile platform money can buy. And yes they still hold the title as the most secure mobile platform in the world, not to mention VISA approved BlackBerry 10 devises ONLY for mobile transactions :D Yes many want them to die, but the Pioneers, the Innovators, have Re-Engineered, Re-Designed and Re-Innovated the Smart Phone and Beyond.

BlackBerry's QNX is untouchable today :D

14. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Fixed :toast:

Hahaa jk, I like the new BB 10, looks sexy, may well be my next upgrade in 2014 :mad: (2 year contract)

15. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Everybody copies everybody to a certain extent. How much more can companies differentiate each others Smart Phones?
    Would you have preferred a Triangle Z10 :laugh:
    BlackBerry didn't copy nobody as much as others didn't copy nobody. It's a competitive market and the only way you can differentiate yourself is from Innovation. This is where BB10 succeeds in a big way, both in Hardware and Software. :D

16. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well I don't like any arrogance but at least that which exists at Apple is based more in reality and true innovation and accomplishment starting with essentially inventing the personal computer itself. Blackberry got mobile connectivity to the office incl push email done right first and from there... pretty much nothing. And a BES truly is a nightmare to admin as good as it may work on the client side.

You are correct in your statement re. innovation and I will say that 10 looks like it is off to a pretty good start, finally. Had better be for RIM's sake; this is obviously their last chance.

17. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    BlackBerry wasn't in as bad shape as people 1st thought. As they lost North American Market Share, they were growing in other countries. Not good to lose your home turf, but unfortunately they did not have a product many people wanted.
    2 years of stagnation crippled them in N. America.

But today it has paid off we hope. I never though RIM as a company was arrogant. As a matter of fact, no, not arrogant at all. Though the 2 CO CEO's may have had a hand in why some may consider RIM arrogant.

18. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well this arrogance of which I speak was likely a major factor behind them not "keeping up" and innovating/updating their platform further earlier. I guess they were blinded by the dollar signs in their eyes and felt they did not need to do anything differently as long as like almost every major enterprise on the plant was driving dumptrucks full of money to their headquarters. Silly not to have known all along that could not last though. Especially in this industry.

I do like that they are Canadian. A nice change from the usual suspects and I have always been a fan of the great white north.

20. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    BlackBerry 10 broke sales records in both the UK and Canada. Selling more than 50% more Z10's in Canada in one day and sold more than 3 times in one week in the UK then they ever did in BlackBerry's history. Good Job. :toast:

RIM didn't want to really change because if they have, they would have been forced to re-take the compliance testing and pass it again. These tests were bloody difficult. But they passed. Anyway they opened the door to Apple and Google and they took over the consumers.

RIM woke up when Apple started to take enterprise companies, and that is when the CEO at the time (2010) flat out purchased the QNX OS and its patents.

Anyhow it was a long battle, and yes RIM made a lot of mistakes by miss-judging the business and how truly nasty it can get.

Now they are back and the Z10 has proved to be the best phone in the world hands down.

21. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Well I have not been following this-I care much more about non-mobile hardware still-but I admit to being pleasantly surprised by Z10 from what I see so far.

22. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. It has been put together very well.

23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
  24. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    Yes there is. They are going to announce it soon.
    http://crackberry.com/tags/netflix
    Also many other high profile apps have already come to BB10 including Skype.
    Also BlackBerry has made it super easy to port over Android Apps. Funny think, they end up running better on BB10 too :D

And this quote below is complete nonsense. Android and iOS does not come close to BlackBerry Security.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  25. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Ok...but neither one of you has provided any reasoning or evidence to back up either claim.