1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OnLive Branching Out to iPad and Android, Can Stream Windows Apps

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wahdangun, Dec 8, 2010.

1. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:

onlive really cool, shame it was america only, btw what do you think about onlive?
  2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ya i recently saw a video demonstration of Crysis being played on an IPhone through Onlive, it was a cool site to see, though they even admitted that the controls needed to be worked out, as the IPad and IPhone offer little in the control scheme department for such a game and that latency is still an issue.

Onlive is definitely cool technology and i do think that eventually whether it be Onlive or some other client in the future, that gaming from the cloud will take over. But the internet standard needs to be raised to achieve such a thing, we can't push a game like Crysis consistently over the majority of current internet speed standards and obtain low latencies and good frames. Once those kinks get worked out all you need is more and more developers to hop on board and you're set. Now it just comes down to marketing the product and getting the word out.

I also don't know how other companies are going to take it, i mean if something like Onlive achieves wide mainstream adoption, companies/retail stores like Nvidia, AMD, Gamestop,Intel etc. will receive huge losses, i mean they can provide parts to the cloud systems Onlive uses, but that would still result in a severe loss for them, which is something i don't think they would want.
  3. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    yupz, i think the drawback was from the isp side thing, especially right now we have capped bandwith

btwits great if with just 5$ you can get this too
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010