1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Optimized ATI/AMD drivers

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by qqryq, May 10, 2012.

1. qqryq

qqryq

Thanks Received:
    What do you guys say about optimized drivers for ATI/AMD cards?I'm using Xtreme-G ATI Drivers 12.4 and i must say these are Very good.

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I find the 12.4 whql's to be very good as well. Never heard of Xtreme-G drivers. Looked them up and I see nothing about what is changed/different with them. I'd rather not use them.

qqryq says thanks.
  3. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    though i agree Erocker ,i might just give them a go, see whats what, presently on 12.5betas and their as good as 12.4 to me , i havent noticed any improvement or degradation

qqryq says thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  4. qqryq

qqryq

Thanks Received:
    I allways had problems with whql's and not using these drivers for more than 3 years.First i used Omega Drivers.later NGO ATI,DNA and in last year Xtreme-G.I smiply don't trust AMD drivers after they almost burned my PC.

5. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    These kind of drivers almost always come with an "oh sorry we broke you're card" disclosure.. I wouldn't touch one.. Never have.. WHQLS are the way to go imo. Safer and tested to be reliable, across all kinds of platforms. Those "xtreme" type drivers, tend to fall short on that.

What pc and what drivers almost "burned" it? that sounds a bit outlandish of a claim.
    I find it hard to believe. Yea it "could" happen but the odds are more for it happening, with one of those xtreme kind of drivers, than anything else imo.

6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Often these "modified/optimized" drivers just lower IQ in certain areas to gain performance. Not something I want. Unless the driver in question is made to fix something inherently broken but nothing's broken as far as I can tell.

qqryq says thanks.
  7. qqryq

qqryq

Thanks Received:
    I simply asked of opinions about drivers not me,D007.I had Bad issues with AMD drivers when i used them.

8. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    ill let ya know re IQ but im in no hurry ,be weekend as its a gamein nite.

ive had crashes now and again on specific games and versions but Amds drivers havent been bad to me at all:) and im allways first on betas and pre's

More than 25k PPD