1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Outlook 2010 Assistance

Discussion in 'General Software' started by theonedub, Dec 31, 2012.

1. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I'm revisiting using Outlook, something I thought I would never have to do, and I am having a few difficulties. I figure there must be people around the forum here that use Office and Outlook extensively that might be able to help me out.

One thing bothering me right now is how to use the to-do list/task list. Say I have a task that isn't due until 1/12/13- is there a way for me to have that task pop up daily in my tasklist until the due date? Right now I can only have it pop on the the date I created the task or the date it is ultimately due. I've seen where I can set a daily reminder, but it would be much easier for me to use if I could see it on the list everyday. Maybe its an option I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, post up if you need more information.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Recurrence might be the option you want to check when creating a new task.

Set the recurrence pattern to daily, the start day to today, and the end by date when the task is due. I think that will do what you want.
    theonedub says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Don't they just appear in the to-do bar until they're passed? It works like that in 2007. Or do you want an actual reminder to pop up?

EDIT: RRrr can't install a 2010 trial alongside 2007. :(
    theonedub says thanks.
  4. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    I was toying with recurrence, but did not get any results. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Would recurrence make the task pop up again if I happen to complete it before the final end date though?

As of right now only the tasks due that day pop up in my calendar. So for example, if I have something on my list due next week on Wednesday the first time it pops up on my calendar to do list is the Wednesday its due. That's not intuitive at all.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Only if you set the recurrence pattern to regenerate a new task 1 day after completion.
    theonedub says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  6. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    Tried using recurrence but ot still only shows the task on the due date's task list. Any other ideas?
    Crunching for Team TPU