1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking x1900xt

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Ser-J, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am going to be buying x1900xt soon and want to find out if this card overclocks. I did some research and found out that they can be overclocked to 690/850 and that’s about it. Did anyone overclocked x1900xt's core higher then 690????

2. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    where did u hear that , look at my signature ............ i used stock cooling to overclock that high ! ........... but i did have to 80mm fans blowing on it directly too , without them the temps did reach 73-74c on load ........... although 80c is considered normal on load , i just dont like my card gettin that hot !;)

with liquid cooling u can go even higher , these are the badest overclockers out there , but to be honest i dont run my card at these clocks , i have them on stock , cause all the games i play run smooth as silk on it ............ overclocking comes into play when games get more demanding !

3. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    710/860 :toast: that is some nice numbers wow.
    I also heard that CCC wouldn't let you overclock that high. Did you have any problems with Ati CCC?

4. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    i didnt use ccc to overclock , i used ati tools the current beta 0.25 , also u can use a program called overclocker , which is also somehwere on this website for overclocking !

5. hotrippr

hotrippr New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ser-j, I believe you must disable "remember od settings at logon" checkbox in ccc and restart before attempting to OC...am I right here ZoAiB?

ZoAib, have you upped the volts any at that speed?

6. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    What about the voltage, did you have to raise that up when you overclock a x1900xt???:confused:

7. bikr692002

bikr692002 New Member

Thanks Received:
    your joking right?

8. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean I'm joking, FYI the x1800xt has an option to raise voltage, and to get the best overclocking that's what you do, x1900xt is real similar structure as x1800xt:nutkick:

9. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    i flashed mine with the x1900xtx bios , and i have not messed with the voltage as of yet , and my sys was pretty stable at those settings!

i didnt check the box on logon OD settings (i may have dont remember doing so), but what i did was when i installed the ati tools 0.25 beta ........... it gives u an option to disable 2d/3d switch ............. which pretty much disables CCC interfering with your overclock i think because , i could overclock and maintain settings on a reboot ............. with ati tools overclock !

:)

10. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does all x1900xts come with Samsung 1.1ns?

11. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    as far as the ones shipping right now yes , i actually havent heard of anyone saying they got one with 1.2 they all have 1.1 fortunately :D

12. hotrippr

hotrippr New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cant OC with anything, tried ATItoolB13=no go, tried Overclocker no go. Have not tried with Cat6.2 yet.

13. Ser-J

Ser-J New Member

Thanks Received:
    You should

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006