1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Password issue

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Raizo, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raizo New Member

Thanks Received:
    First of all let me start by saying I wasn't sure what category to put this in.

Anyway,

Okay so I have this game I downloaded and I have the 3 parts to it.
    They are in WinRAR format.

But, when I try extracting the part1 , at the end of the extracting of the FIRST file out of FIVE, I get an error saying (wrong password ?).

Obviously it's password encrypted, and the person I downloaded it from, posted the password to ALL of his files.

The password he says is 'boxxers'.
    And it is correct because if I use boxxers, it fails at the very end of the FIRST file.

But if I use any other password (tested 'monkey'), it gives me the error immediately. So the password IS boxxers.

I'm just curious as to why it won't extract using this correct password. The other FOUR files extract perfectly using this password. It's just the FIRST one.
  2. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    TPU is not the place for illegally downloaded game help.
    Buy a legitimate copy and you wont have these issues.
  3. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Tried redownloading? Or asking that guy you got that thing from? (Or leaving a comment if you have the files from where we all think you have it).

Yesyes hes a baddie and so on BUT his problem is with WinRAR. You know not everything zipped with WinRAR is illegal. So it can very well happen with something completely legal. And do we know what exactly he downloaded, and from where? No, we don't so quit the moral police thing.
  4. Raizo New Member

Thanks Received:
    I fixed it. Request /closed
  5. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Its not a moral police as i have no right to talk about other ppls actions,
    Its the fact that first off it was dumb to ask here if we would have any idea why "this game I downloaded" don't work properly, Obviously a crappy pirate release since where talking about rar files.

Secondly TPU does not support piracy and the mods here take a firm stance against it.
  6. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    True if he'd only talked about rar issues without mentioning the game, there wouldn't be any suspicious thoughts arising. And also its blatantly obvious that its a pirated piece of software.
    And I know how the mods think.

However he could edit the game part out, talk soley about some rar files, and maybe some users would profit by how he managed that problem.
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The mods think this discussion isn't allowed on this forum.