• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PerfCap #16 Utilization help (with log file)

I have an i7 9750 and an RTX 2060 LAPTOP. I have been playing Warzone getting 70-90fps no problem until yesterday when all of a sudden it was 50-70 and was terrible. The first thing I saw from Afterburner overlay was the Util on the GPU would hover in the 60-70% and before was always over 95%. GPU-Z log confirmed this as I got 16 perf code nonstop the whole time I played for 20 minutes. I ran Heaven benchmark and got a few perf 16, but seldom, mostly just perf #1 which I'm told is normal. CPU is not bottleneck/throttling that I can see; I have it undervolted with Throttlestop and it seems to be running great. I attached my log of both Heaven and Warzone. My question is how do i go about figuring out/fixing what is going on here? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log Heaven.txt
    95.4 KB · Views: 95
  • GPU-Z Sensor Log Warzone.txt
    150 KB · Views: 91
System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Attach Screenshots of all Throttlestop windows open.

To be honest, I didn't use Throttle stop prior to having this problem. I only decided to use it as a potential fix. Prior to that I was having no problems and my CPU was getting 90c at the worst.

Needless to say I noticed this was happening in another game, so I decided to reinstall Windows (I already reinstalled Warzone once with no good results). This way in starting over, no MSI Afterburner no Throttlestop. Warzone takes forever to download but once it does I'll come back and post what's going on. Thanks for the help

While I'm waiting on this to install, is there anything wrong with hitting the Power limit on your GPU? Is that causing a throttle? If I ever get back to Afterburner, I am wondering if I need to set my clocks so there is no voltage limit throttle, or no power limit throttle, or both. Actually I know voltage limit is a throttle, but not sure on power limit. Thanks.

Reinstalled windows with no Throttlestop or MSI, same problems with the game. Everything I run including 3dmark firestrike the log file of gpuz shows per code 16/utilization...