1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Introduces PH-TC14PE Premier CPU Cooler

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Sep 5, 2011.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Phanteks announced the launch of its Premier CPU cooler PH-TC14PE with patented C.P.S.C and P.A.T.S. technology. The PH-TC14PE will be available in four models, standard color and Blue/Red/Orange Edition

Phanteks coolers are designed with patented Cold Plasma Spraying Coating Technology (C.P.S.C), a brand new technologic forming deposit that displaces heat onto corresponding metals at a quicker rate. With this technology, Phanteks coolers enhances thermal conductivity on the soldered surfaces of the heatpipes through the copper deposits.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

For reliable and maximum overclocking, Phanteks offers enthusiasts PH-TC14PE (Premium Edition) , which includes Phanteks patented Physical Antioxidant Thermal Shield (P.A.T.S) technology. It will highly increase the coolers cooling performance and reliability while reflecting other thermal radiation. The heat is being dissipated faster, which leads to more overclocking room for enthusiasts. This technique has already been proven by the aviation industry and is now applied within the PC industry.

With five nickel-plated 8mm copper heatpipes in the u-shape design. The heatsink is built for a push-pull configuration for maximum cooling performance. Both models are fitted with two 140mm of Phanteks PH-F140TS Premium Fans for effective airflow (third fan is optional).
    Provided with the SoliSku mounting kit for easy-to-install retention mechanism of universal back plate for Intel LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA775 and AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3, designed to protect and prevent the motherboard from bending, normally caused by the heatsink.

Topped off with the superb PH-NDC nano diamond thermal compound, made of high-purity nano diamond particles to improve the thermal conductance between the CPU and the heatsink.

Price and Availability
    Available at most local retailers in late September with the standard Phanteks, PH-TC14PE at €79,90 (VAT incl.) and Blue/Red/Orange edition at €84,90 (VAT incl.)
    Lionheart says thanks.
  2. Xyvik New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the market for a new CPU cooler, and looking at this I see a lot of buzzwords. Are any of these "patented technologies" actually any good, or just marketing gimmicks?
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    The D14 has a brother...^_^
  4. dieterd New Member

Thanks Received:
    this looks really cool.
  5. AnnCore

AnnCore Staff

Thanks Received:
    Haven't I seen you somewhere before?

It's a clone! The Empire is up to no good!!

Well, you know what they say... if you can't beat em, copy em.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Chaitanya

Thanks Received:
    Didnt we already see similar designed coolers? SO Whats new about this. :banghead:
  7. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Basically what they all do these days are just making coolers bigger and bigger. It's like making a 12 liter V24 engine instead of twin turbocharged 6 liter V12 engine. They really need to start using some new tech, better than heatpipes and move away from bigger and bigger coolers. Optimization instead of raw power (or shall we say raw size in this case).
  8. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    I'd rather have a high pressure 120mm than those slow 140mm. Its quite inefficient as well, with the 140 having a bigger deadspot.
  9. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Well if you don't like Noctua's brown/beige, here's your alternative.
  10. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    A few reviews show this actually beats the D14. Thats impressive if the price is right and you dont have to look at that ugly brown and beige. :toast:
  11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
  12. heky

heky

Thanks Received:
    It costs even more than the Noctua NH-D14, but has 1 year less warranty. I think i will stick with my NH-D14. And the difference is less than 1°C under load on a overclocked i7.
  13. fusionblu

fusionblu

Thanks Received:
    These really are the same guys who was showing off their prototypes and the variety this company is offering confirms it.
  14. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I have yet to see a cooler to break down somehow. Except those with defective heatpipes where gas escaped from the tubes. But those are usually DOA.
  15. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Save yourself some cash and go Silver Arrow?
  16. mav2000

mav2000 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The mounting system for the fans also seems to look a lot like the NH D14....were they the OEM's for Noctua??
  17. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    If it wasnt for price id have this, shame as at that price you can get a simple all in one cpu water cooling solution like a Corsair or something.
  18. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    One of the forum members on here is doing a review on this, so hopefully he'll post it up when he's see this.
  19. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I guess their patented "Cold Plasma Spraying Coating Technology" really put a price premium on it. And then there's the Blue/Red/Orange Editions...
  20. heky

heky

Thanks Received:
    The fans break down, i have seen it many times. And one year longer on the Noctua is one year longer. And the Noctua is cheaper.
  21. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:

The Noc was the same price when it came out.
  22. heky

heky

Thanks Received:
    Meaning what? I am not saying you should not buy the cooler. On the contrary, i think it is a great performer. All i am saying is, for more money, you get 1 year less warranty, and equal performance.
  23. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    DOA :slap: hasn't anyone told these guys the age of the fin fan heatsink is over, it's all about water cooling now.... Why didn't they produce something to compete in that market instead atleast that's what I would have done and I would have made different versions for different cases like an 3x180mm RAD for those with the RV02 case :toast:
  24. Th3pwn3r

Th3pwn3r

Thanks Received:
    Looks good IMO. This competition will force prices down a bit all around on air cooling so this is a win for everyone. Perhaps if we're really lucky Noctua will give us some options on fan colors in the future. Of course that won't be much of an issue since I'm growing up and really don't want a windowed case =/
  25. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just pointing it out is all.