• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phone/MP3 Sound Question

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit
We had a radio in the office with a typical 3/8th inch audio cable plugged into it. When people called the office and got put on hold, they heard the radio that this cable plugged into. The radio broke, so I bought a little MP3 player and was going to put a couple MP3s on it and use that as hold music for when people call. I plugged it in and tested it out, it doesn't sound very clear or audible at all. It kind of crackles and sounds like it's not being fully picked up.

It reminds me of a time I was playing music from my PC speakers, and I wanted someone over the phone to hear it. When I put the phone next to the speakers it doesn't really pick it up and sound right over the phone. What is this phenomenom called? And is there a way I can use this MP3 player to play hold music like I am intending to do?

What MP3 player has a 3/8th inch jack? Does the MP3 player work on its own with headphone plugged in? Tried turning the MP3 player all the way up?