1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Point and shoot digital camera

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Pinchy, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm after a new digital camera (as a present) to replace my dad's aging Canon A80 for Christmas.

Nothing too fancy, just something that will take good quality pics for things like birthdays/family shots.

Would like something with good battery life (would much prefer lithium rechargable but don't like the idea of it eventually dying)

Budget is around $100-200 AUD (just give me some model numbers to look up and Ill find the local prices).

A big screen would be nice as well :)

2. mikek75

mikek75 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure about prices in Oz but if you can find the Canon Digital Ixus 95 IS (or the older 75) within your budget then they are great little cameras. I bought my mum a 75 and she's really happy with it.
    3 inch LCD and (at least on the 75) partial metal construction (very solid feel with none of that horrible creaking you get from cheap plastic cameras). Lithium battery holds its charge really well too, and Lithium lasts a long time and doesn't suffer from memory effect too.

Pinchy says thanks.
  3. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Doesn't look like a bad little camera, and fits the budget.

Will look into it, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Any others are welcome! :D

4. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    i have a technika SH-C350, i dont no how much they are over there but here they arnt very dear at all. Very good quality and have some extra functions where you can twidle with the settings if you ever want too, if not then it has a very good auto function as well. I have the 12 mp model dont no if they do smaller but its great if you want to view pics on larger screens. Full metal case, ive dropped it many times outdoors on hard rocks and it still works, large good quality screen, brilliant all round camera