1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Possible to make an OEM disc?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by niko084, Aug 26, 2008.

1. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    I'm really sick of having to activate on computers I don't have the oem discs for..

Is it possible to make a HP/ IBM/ Gateway etc oem disc, after I get that figured out I get to get them setup for unnatended install. I'm lazy.... :ohwell:

2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I believe the OEM information is branded into the installation on the OEM disc, so the OEM code type has to match the particular OEM disc. No idea how to get around that.

I have tried a non-OEM disc with an dell OEM activation - as you know, it doesn't work. Called dell, they shipped me the disc for free. (yes it was for a system with a COA on it.)

On a side note, there was an \OEM directory that contains all the DELL spyware, DRM rootkits and shitware that goes with the installation. I made a copy of the CD with the \OEM directory removed and got a clean install.

3. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Yes, get the OOBE tool from MS, build your copy of Windows, burn it and install.

I have used IBM, Dell, E-machines and other codes with this and they all work. The only problem I had was a really old E-machines/cobbled up that wouldn't take the original code due to some difference in XP w/ no SP and a SP3 disk I made. But a quick call and I got a new key.

10 Million points folded for TPU