• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Possible to run DifferentSLI without windows test mode?

Northish

Hey guys, newbie here on the forums :)

I've recently used the DifferentSLI to SLI my 660s on my crossfire board. My computer is now in test mode, has anyone every tried to sign the nvlddmkm driver in order to take the computer out of windows test mode? If so how did you do it? I've started downloading the Win 8.1 SDK to try and do it myself.

The main reason for me doing this is that Easy Anti-Cheat enabled games won't run if driver signing isn't on and my usual workaround stopped working on one of my games.

I appreciate your replies ^^
Northish

**Edit** I'm using a 64-bit operating system so I know that makes the driver signing process a little harder.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe you only have to turn driver signing off when you initially install the driver. Once it is installed you can turn driver signing back on. Driver signing only checks when the driver is first installed, not every time it is used.

Northish

I was under the assumption that 64-bit wouldn't run drivers that weren't signed and would only do so in windows test mode with signing turned off. I'll reboot and take it out and see what happens.