• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Powercolor 3650 SCS3 problem

Dead2

Yeah, I know.. another 3600 problem.. I've read all about it now AFTER I flashed my card.

Anyways, I have this little card:
http://powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?ProductID=1747

It's a great little fanless card, but one thing annoyed me a lot. It has no powersaving
modes at all, so it runs at 725/400 all the time. Not at all what I expected from a fanless card.

So I decided to mod the clocks a little, something I've done lots of times with ~10 other
cards. A few of the 4870 cards have probably been flashed 30+ times each. Never had any
major problems (even though a few aborted flashes have required a little extra effort to get
re-flashed.)

So, modded with RBE v1.21 (a good few weeks ago), flashed using Atiwinflash 2017 and rebooted.
Drivers didn't load, no prob, uninstalled drivers and ccc, rebooted.
Drivers wont install, since they dont recognize the card.
Manual install of drivers worked fine, manual install of CCC worked fine.
However, CCC wont load since it claims there are no compatible cards installed.
(Add a few weeks of trying automatic and manual driver cleaning and so on here)

So after practically giving up on this I decided to flash back to the origianl bios,
however that did not solve the problem. The drivers still wont recognize the card
and manual install results in the same CCC problem where it wont load.

After reading up on this problem, I see a lot about device ID's changing. But since
I didn't really write down the original ID's, I dont know whether this is the case.

Device manager reports the card as this:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9598&SUBSYS_22541787&REV_00\4&13D46659&0&0020

From what I can see;
-Vendor is correct
-Device id is correct (at least 9598 is one of 4? possible ids for 3650)
-Subsys is atleast paritally correct. 1787 is correct for powercolor, but I have found nothing about 2254 on the web.
-The rest of the string I have no idea about.

I have attached both the original bios and the modified bios.
I have verified that the original bios is indeed the one on the card now.

Is there any hope of restoring this card to its original function, or better?

Attachments

• bioses.zip
    80.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Dead2

No, I haven't tried that. But I have looked for a unmodified bios on several websites after not
finding it here, unfortunately I found no exact match.

I have been trying to find someone with the same board-name (or whatever that alphanumeric variable is called), but that has proven to be difficult. Though I think the card is pretty standard except for the 400Mhz DDR2 ram, so I might try one of the others tomorrow.

Dead2

Just an update.. I tried flashing it with the only other Powercolor 3650 bios on this site (with the same gpu/ram clock speeds), unfortunately it seems to be quite incompatible with the card. Surprisingly it crashed shortly after the flash, and just gave me a bunch of garbage on the screen.
I will attempt to re-flash the original bios when I get around to set up my old computer with another graphics card as primary.

Will just use this old 3450 for a while.

PS: Seems like the bios flash might not have been the reason why the drivers started complaining, since I get the very same problem with the 3450 card. I have no idea how it happened though, since the only change was the bios flash and reboot. Maybe windows just decided it was time for the annual reinstall. :p

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
I can up the bios of my mobile hd 3650. It uses ddr2, but I am 99% sure you can't use it on a desctop card