1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Powercolor X1300 Hypermemory 2

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by D_o_S, Mar 4, 2006.

1. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  2. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice card for the price, i probly wouldnt get it even if i needed a card and i was low on money...
  3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I dunno - the benchmark numbers are rather pathetic for the price, bordering on unuseable... between the GTO and GTO2 cards, there just isn't any comparison. And my old 9800 card (albeit AGP) beats this hands down. I'm curious why the thumbs up, just being nice, or comparing with current trends?

Ok, backpedal a little... it appears "useable" at 1024x768 with no AA or AAF, but thats it.
  4. D_o_S

D_o_S Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

I have to agree that this card is not very usable at 1600x1200, but it is an OK card for a occasional gamer, who will most probably be fine with playing at 1024x768. Also, it doesn't seem to have any "unnecessary" features: the bundle is simple (no games for example, but does have everything necessary to get the card running), and also, compared to other X1300 cards, the PCB is low profile, for example. Basically, if you need a card to get your PC going (i.e. you've built a system, but are waiting for the next generation of graphics cards), I would reccomend this card - it is not all that expensive, has shader model 3.0, and will run most games OK at a low resolution.