• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Problems with Logitech V220 mouse

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Well as the title states, my mouse is giving me some hard time. The last few days it just randoomly stoped responding and i had to take the usb dongle in and out for it to start working again and today it completely stoped working. I decided to open the dongle to see if there are any loose welds on the PCB but everything seems to be ok.

Now when i plug it in the only thing I get is either no response at all or a weird pop up message saying "USB device not recognized"

I'm sure the problem is in the dongle and not the mouse, coz when i wiggle it and plug it in at weird angles it gets detected but only for a few seconds

Does anyone have any ideas?

I've added some pics with the opened up usb dongle

Attachments

• P7180010.jpg
    P7180010.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 453
  • P7180011.jpg
    P7180011.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 456

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry 'bout your mouse, but the hatter was sorta abrupt with him at the tea party.
OK, enough joking about Wonderland...

Did you try another usb port?

You can try this...
If you are using Windows, go to device manager, click on the menu tab "View" and click on "hidden devices". Goto "Human Interface Devices","Mice and other pointing devices",and "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and right click on the ghost or faded devices , then click un-install device (not device or driver software), click ok. After you have done this, plug in the usb receiver, see if it discovers it, if not click on the menu tab "Action" and choose "Scan for hardware changes"

If you can't get it to work, you could get a new one or a new receiver:http://www.buylogitech.com/store/logius/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.11683400?resid=SrrmqwoBAkgAACuyFywAAAAF&rests=1247964130673
or, if you have not had it long, rma it; as it has a three year warranty:http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=undefined&p_lva=undefined&p_li=undefined&p_faqid=9093&p_created=1226699612&p_sp=undefined
Logitech contact info:http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=9106

Goodluck:)

System Name penguin
Processor R7 5700G
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4
Cooling Some CM tower cooler that will fit my case
Memory 4 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage ADATA SU800 512GB
Display(s) 27' LG
Case Zalman
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Seasonic SS-620GM
Software win10
Nope doesn't seem to do the trick. I don't think they'll replace the dongle after I've opened it, and I think I'll just go for a new mouse...This one served me good for a whole year tho, it will be missed