1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Project CARS updated

Discussion in 'Games' started by KingPing, Jun 1, 2012.

1. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    Hes a "dummy" that got pole in this weekend FIA GT Series Race @ Nogaro :)

I really enjoy the "hardcore" sim racers answers when some pro driver comes out and just points that the whole concept they have is wrong.

INSTG8R says thanks.
  2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Well Kwod has a right to his opinion, bottom line is no one can please everyone all the time. I feel the game in itself will prove itself.
    :toast:
    I hope there are many more who feel the same.

3. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    Indeed, but calling someone a dummy just because his point of view differs isnt very civil. :p

DRDNA says thanks.
  4. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    But a RL driver can give you feedback on how accurate the game in terms of physics is (unlike people who ONLY play games/sims).

If a sim is very accurate, any RL driver shouldn't have any problems driving it (same goes for pilots, ship operators or any other area which has simulators).

Richard Burns Rally was made with the advice of Richard himself...and it turned out to be the best rally sim ever made.

DRDNA and LeviathanPT say thanks.
  5. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Always better to take the high road is all I can say about that issue. :toast:

LeviathanPT says thanks.
  6. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Only once the driver understands the limitations of a PC simulation with consumer gear vs the real thing, for example you can jump in your own car and notice that it's extremely easy to see compared to a scaled cockpit view on small LCD's.
    There's also FFB vs real world feel etc.

7. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    Inconsistent FFB, minimal weight transfer, little penalty for poor braking etc aren't proof that simcade games have it right.
    People will say and do almost anything for money, in fact I recall Ian Bell or someone from SMS claiming Shift2 was the most realistic physics ever:banghead:
    Modders have said that some of the data in Shift2 was out by 500%.

8. repman244

repman244

Thanks Received:
    Yes of course, you can never have the complete package when in a simulator (the feel of the car/engine, you can't feel the forces on your body, limited view.....) you are absolutely right, but you can have good physics which do bring you close to the real thing.

IMO a thing to consider is that this game is still being developed so things could get better. Time will tell I guess.

Kwod and LeviathanPT say thanks.
  9. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    I dont recall such claims and lets not forget that even tho Slightly Mad Studios developed Shift series it was made accordingly to the requests by EA. :)

Kwod says thanks.
  10. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Wow looks like us racers take our racing a bit serious :toast:

Any way if people didn't have different opinions then there wouldn't be any competition in the making of racing games. That would leave us with out all theses excellent racing games.

11. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    ^That is true. :)

12. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Ugh jaggies from the game footage.

13. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
  14. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    Took you some time..
    Having the most advanced physics system and using it properly are two different things, just like ISI or Kunos claiming their engines have the most advanced physics and someone then decides to make a simcade game out of it :)

The physics system is there but its not being used at its full potential, thus why modders were able to get the good out of it.

15. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    It took me a few seconds, as if anyone thinks I spent hrs and hrs looking for that 3 second google search, LOL.
    Are you here to make a fool of yourself or what?
    Btw, I don't buy games hoping a modder will convert in into a working product, perhaps you do or perhaps you're here to do nothing but promote pcars and any past SMS mistakes.

16. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    Im just playing along with your game to see where it leads :)

It seems your knowledge of how the game industry works is very poor for you not to be able to understand that these studios are hired by the big companies to make games as they request and not they (studios) want.
    If you have any complaints about Shift series i suggest you redirect them to the specific forums.

Im not here to promote anything as the game promotes itself and i dont believe SMS needs anyone "defending" or "protecting" them from any generalisation of their work based on 2 titles, they have a much richer repertoire as a team (GTR Series, GT Legends, BMW 3 Challenge and so on) that speaks for itself, so thats just another bad attempt of making me look bad here..

Im here just to avoid these over generalisations/missconceptions that some attempt to make through every thread that exists about this game, it almost sounds like a conspiracy, but i believe it just preconception that people have from any game that comes from EA that the blame is from the studios. Its an unfortunate method that the big companies use to take some of the blame from them, EA is an old veteran in this area.

Anyway, i dont see any point in continuing this discussion with you as it seems that as much as i try to make you see the other side of the coin you seem to enjoy the one you have so any further conversation in this aspect will be just a waste of time and i dont like to waste mine.

You will see when the game is out if it is another Shift3 like you try to claim or if it is a simulator like myself and many others within the project claim it to be :)

Have a nice day.

17. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    It's good to see this thread progressing RIGHT OFF THE FUCKING TRACK.

How bout it goes back between the white lines....

LeviathanPT says thanks.
  18. Kwod New Member

Thanks Received:
    I agree, but Levitians silly comment was too much to ignore:cool:

19. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    Bought a G27 some days ago, much better than my old DFGT, i will have to mod the brake pedal and make a shifter.

AC and pCARS feels so much better now, i can't understand why some people say the DFGT and the G27 are similar except the pedals, to me there is a huge difference.

20. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    What were the main differences you noticed with it KingPing ?

21. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I have been thinking about upgrading my Momo racing wheel to a G27 as well.:toast:
    Is the G27 the best in the $250 to 300 range?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  22. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    You also have these packs from Fanatec

Forza Motorsport CSR wheel value pack US:
    Discount: 29.95
    Price: $249.95
    Products: Forza Motorsport CSR Wheel US, CSR Pedals US,

Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Value Pack US:
    Discount: 59.95
    Price: $199.95
    Products: CSR Pedals US, Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel US,

Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Value Pack XL US:
    Discount: 129.90
    Price: $259.95
    Products: Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel US, CSR Shifter Set US, CSR Elite Pedals US,

DRDNA says thanks.
  23. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    out of the 4 wheels which would rein kingship?

24. LeviathanPT

LeviathanPT

Thanks Received:
    Hard to say, the Fanatec are known to have a superior build quality but the CSR is kinda "meh" when you hold it (feels a bit plastic), the GT3 RS V2 for some is small but has a nice build quality. The G27 wheels are good build quality but their shifter is just a bit rubish in terms of build quality, the pedals are very moddable so you can "upgrade" them easily. You could always buy a TH8RS on the side and use with it.

Within that budget i would probably go with the Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Value Pack XL US, if you have some friends that have one you should give it a look, check reviews also to be sure its the right wheel for you.

DRDNA says thanks.
  25. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Very useful! Thank you kind Sir!

LeviathanPT says thanks.