1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

PSU Recommendation - no coil whine?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Animalpak, Apr 13, 2014.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Nothing wrong with Seasonics KM3 internals in fact about the best out their. Your totally of your rocker if you going avoid it due to a "possible" coil whine which for all you know might of been corrected as i have had no issue with mine.

Tell ya another thing too i put up possible coil whine than trusting another company with not blowing the rest of my PC up.

2. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie

Thanks Received:
    Maybe try an actual Seasonic PSU, instead of discounting because of a Seasonic component in yours? Seasonic has amazing quality and performance! And this coming from a guy who has an Antec in his main rig.

3. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    OK then i just bought a Cooler Master V850 brand new for a nice price deal of 110 dollars. Will be here next days.

AsRock says thanks.
  4. M0rt

Thanks Received:
    $110, bloody beautiful! I suspect it will serve you well, enjoy.

AsRock, I was sarcastically breaking balls, not seriously warning OP to avoid KM3.:banghead:

Animalpak says thanks.
  5. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    Sweet deal on the V 850, you should be good for years...I recently bought a V 1000, and it's the best PSU I've ever owned - I can't comment on any noise issues, because this thing is totally silent, but I can say that it's the most stable platform, with voltage regulation scoring excellent, ripple suppression excellent. Quoting the Oklahoma Wolf on his Johnny Guru review, "If Coolermaster wasn't a name on everyone's lips before, it certainly should be now. The V1000 is one heck of a seriously good power supply, people... easily among the best thousand watt models currently on the market. It's powerful, it's as stable as anything ever could be, and you should go buy one right now." I can't argue with that...

Animalpak says thanks.
  6. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    This is how your coil whine ends ! A complete replacement ! So guys see how coil whine is bad and requires a complete replace !

Thank you corsair for providing me in just 3 weeks a brand new one !

Back from RMA !

Im very happy with this unit is coil whine free !

[​IMG]

AsRock says thanks.
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

No reason to avoid the SS750 MK3 in fact it's performance is most under rated..

Nice i hope it gives years of quality service.

Animalpak says thanks.
  8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Seasonic G or X series is your best bet to not have this problem

Animalpak says thanks.
  9. M0rt

Thanks Received:
    OP, glad everything worked out for you, which PSU are you gonna use now? Decisions, decisions.

Still struggling with the concept of sarcasm I see. :banghead::banghead: You sir, get the double.