1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question About Different Versions of GTX 760

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by GamerKingFaiz, Mar 31, 2014.

1. GamerKingFaiz

GamerKingFaiz

Thanks Received:
    So I'm in the market to buy a GTX 760, but I'm not sure which one to get. Logical Increments recommends the Gigabyte model, but I see that there is a "super clocked" version that EVGA is selling, is there actually a performance difference there or is it just branding?

Seeing as they are the same price on Amazon right now I wouldn't really be against buying one or the other. Is there any version you guys would recommend over these?

Also do you guys think my Corsair CX430 would have trouble powering this card? I ran my rig through the power calculator Linus suggested to use, and it comes out to only using 380W.
  2. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Not much on the performance difference really:

Gpu clock base/boost 13/13 incr. for gigabyte. Your overclocking will nullify anything stock anyway.

Go for aesthetics or size constraints. Neither card is a bad choice.
  3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Id go EVGA. Good warranty and service. The cooler for the card is great too.

Power Supply should be fine if you aren't overclocking.
  4. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    25 Million points folded for TPU
  5. True Christian

True Christian

Thanks Received:
    I started with EVGA with my 2 EVGA SC GTX 460 1GB SLI and these cards were the best I ever had. EVGA is the #1 seller for NVidia in the world and their build quality is second to none.
    MY GTX 460s are now humming away in another guy's computer in Minnesota. I now have 2 EVGA GTX 760 2GB ACX coolers that run cool as all blazes even under load.

Go with EVGA unless you want problems early down the road.
  6. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    Seriously? A bit of an ignorant statement don't you think? I've had 2 Gigabyte 460s, a 570 and 580 Super Overclock and they've been fantastic. Most impressed by the 580SOC as I had that for pretty much 2.5 years and it never missed a beat. I recently just sold all these because they were out of date but they all work fine. I also have a gigabyte 780OC-WF3.

Palit has been my only poor experience for gpus but I see they have improved over the years so they might be ok now.

-----

OP, as long as you stick to big name brands I don't think you'll have any problems. Also I have the WF3 cooler on my 780 and it runs sooooo quiet and cool - better than the 280x directcuII but that isn't a fair comparison considering they are different cards. Go with whatever you like the look of the most. Just be aware that the Gigabyte 760WF3 is really long.

Taken from a user review on Amazon;
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  7. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    Gigabyte WF3 editions are excellent as stated above. I own a 670 OC WF3 and its been a dream for overclocking and noise levels.
  8. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:

I agree. True Christian seems to just spread BS. none of the information he provides is very reliable honestly, or just heavily opinionated.
  9. True Christian

True Christian

Thanks Received:
    You're trolling. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you so shut the f*ck up!
  10. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Theres a difference been fact, opinion, and trying to make your opinion sound factual.
    Hilux SSRG and THE_EGG say thanks.
  11. JswizzPC

JswizzPC

Thanks Received:
    Maybe one of you guys can help me..i want to oc my gigabyte 760 but when i do and run valley benchmark it freezes and tells me something about the driver (newest nvidia driver) crashed..any guidance would be appreciated.
  12. JswizzPC

JswizzPC

Thanks Received:
    ALSO go with the gigabyte model..its a total babe haha
  13. THE_EGG

THE_EGG

Thanks Received:
    You might want to start your own thread, you will get a lot more help that way. You are probably overclocking it too much which is causing it to crash or not overvolting it enough to cope with the overclock.
  14. JswizzPC

JswizzPC

Thanks Received:
    Well the voltages are locked on this card and cant figure out how to unlock them.