1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question about mice with side buttons. Razer Deathadder

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by XxLanexX, Jun 3, 2010.

1. XxLanexX New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a Razer deathadder and i was wondering if there was any way to assign a mouse function like dpi switch, profile switch, or on-the-fly sensitivity to a keyboard key. I also have a G15 keyboard so if there was a way to use some of the G keys to switch profiles then I would love to know how.
  2. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I remember it being possible (I only had a DA briefly though), just browse through the manual or drivers/software that comes with the mouse.
  3. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to the forums and to answer your question yes you can
    [​IMG]
  4. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    He wants to know if he can change his dpi for his mouse with his keyboard for example...
  5. XxLanexX New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's not what i meant. I know how to assign keyboard keys to the mouse buttons but I want to know how to assign mouse functions to keyboard keys. Thanks for all the help though guys.
  6. XxLanexX New Member

Thanks Received:
    Couldnt find any rules so i hope this isnt breaking any.. buuummmp.
  7. XxLanexX New Member

Thanks Received:
    bump
  8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you are allowed to bump posts every 24 hours, its just that yours were getting detected as spam by an automated system, so no one was seeing them.

Try longer posts (a few words at least) and you may have better luck next time :p

now you may not be able to set a sensitity switch to the keys on a keyboard, but if the razer software lets you set profiles, there may be a way to make it swap profiles via a keyboard command.
  9. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    If your still wondering. Then.. no.
    As far as I'm aware it is NOT possible to assign mouse functions (e.g. dpi switch, blah blah) to a keyboard key. But then again, why would it? You buy a mouse to assign functions to IT (the mouse), if you want to bind your keyboard keys then buy a gaming keyboard.
  10. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    He has a G15

Either way i have the same combo at home and thats an interesting thing that your trying to do. i'll see if i can get it to work with my setup when i get home from work.
  11. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Well, if he has a G15, then I don't see why he couldn't do it. Although I've never had a G15, I'm fairly sure that if you look through the software then you'll find what he's looking for.