1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Random restarts

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by headshot119, Jan 9, 2011.

1. headshot119 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well hasn't my new computer been fun......not.

Started up on Christmas eve and it got into Windows, computer randomly restarts, gets back to windows and repeats, turn off leave for a bit and try again, now restarts before getting to windows. Well this went on and on until I couldn't get anything on the monitor and couldn't use the case switch to power off.

Long story short I narrowed it to the motherboard after a day of butchering my brother's and my Dad's pcs to test parts.

New motherboard bout to tied me over while first one on RMA, only issue was I only had 1.5GB of ram, no biggy shouldn't take long for the RMA. But after getting a bargain on ebuyer I know have 4GB of DDR2 ram by corsair on a gigabyte MA 770 UD motherboard, and my X6 1090T, with an XFX 850W PSU.

Now yesterday computer randomly shuts down, and restarts, I just thought it was the system bedding in, but hey it's getting worse with random restarts here and there.

I'm totally lost on what to do any ideas?

2. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.