1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Lycosa, static (strange) sound..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TechnicalFreak, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I was here.
    Anyway, to the subject.. I recently bought a Razer Lycosa keyboard, and it has this "headphone/mic." connectors. The problem is that when I connect the amplifier to it I get static noise. Can't figure out why, because when I connect the amp. directly to the soundcard I do not get static noise..

Any idéas??

Thankful (as usual) for any replies given.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the keyboard has a amplifier stage in it,so the amplifier is amplifiing the small amount of noise there is before the signal goes to your amp?

3. That infact sound logical.. But one more thing. My system isn't "grounded", I don't have a grounded wall connection for the power in my room (only kitchen/bathroom). Could that be a reason??

Also, I don't know if it is amplified directly, but the static is there even when all sound is turned off (muted)..that is what makes it even stranger :confused:

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. speedkills

speedkills New Member

Thanks Received:
    It looks like that is a earphone jack (according to their web site), so it would have a slight amplification that would cause a hiss. If you want to use that output to feed your amplifier, you would need to use an attentuated adapter to reduce the output.

5. That sounds like a good (and cheap) solution.
    Thanks.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Didn't work :banghead:

The static sound comes already when the Lycosa is connected to the soundcard.

10 Year Member at TPU