1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ready Boost deletes it's cache...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dixxhead, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Dixxhead

Dixxhead New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys,

I hope I'm posting in the right forum... In any case, i'll cut to the chase: I'm using Vista 32 bit on my Laptop, which is equipped with intel turbo memory (for those who don't know: It is a non-volatile type of flashmemory, which basically acts like a cache space for ReadyBoost Services, like ReadyBoot and ReadyDrive)... The problem is, after every boot Vista deletes the Readyboot data on the flash-memory and rewrites it; this causes "heavy" HDD load for at least 3 minutes (in which my PC slows down to around 40% of it's usual reactionspeed)...

This is a very annoying issue, as the ReadyBoot feauture really makes boot-time as short as ~14 seconds, but then having to wait 3 minutes for it to recreate the readyboot data kinda kills the point.
    Now I totally understand MS does this because you usually would use a USB-Stick and if you would not delete the data it might be a security hazard, but what's the point of deleting it on a memory which is built inside of the PC?
    Any idea how to turn of this constant rewriting of Ready Boost?
    Aside from the annoyance of it happening, I bet it isn't the best to do for a flash memory...

Thanks for your help peeps.

(For sys-specs consult the thingy below my Avatar) ;)
  2. Dixxhead

Dixxhead New Member

Thanks Received:
    Noone got an idea? :ohwell: