1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Recommend me a sound card

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Binge, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    I'm sick of onboard and I do have a budget of about $100 but I am willing to be flexible. If you can know of something considerably cheaper then sweet, but if you can only think of one solution then let me know about that too! Just tell me why you are all about this card. Please don't flame each other for opinions. My machine specs are on the side in case you are wondering about compatibility, and lastly I'm trying to keep a pci-e slot open for PhysX processing later. Thanks in advance :toast:
  2. thirdshiftdj

thirdshiftdj New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had experience w/ Asus xonar but I've heard they are the eel's ankles. That is my next card for gaming/music for sure. I personally use an audio interface for music production but thats not good for gaming at all. The xonar also comes w/ an EMI shield and high quality DAC's
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am loving my Creative X-Fi premium. I hear the Titanium's are pretty good :)
  4. Aevum New Member

Thanks Received:
    depends on what you want it for,
    gaming will always be creative´s area, but while their DSP is great, their PCB design tends to be ass, so you can always get the Auzentech Prelude, which has a X-fi chip, but has a better PCB layout,

for a good cheap music oriented card, a club3d agrripa which is basicly a auzentech X-Meridian rebadge job,
  5. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    I have no idea what most of that is but I'll look into it! Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming.