1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Retro Fighters: Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheMailMan78, Jul 7, 2008.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure this is just wishful thinking but I recently bought a Wii for my daughters and I to play during the evening. I was rooting through the virtual consoles and I noticed something missing. X-Men:COTA and Marvel Superheroes! Where are my classic Capcom fighting games? Has anyone heard anything? Or am I just "pipe dreaming" Ill someday play these on the Wii. :banghead:

2. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Children of the Atom existed on the Saturn, what platforms can it actually emulate?

3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Ya know I had no idea the Wii could emulate so much. So far it emulates the following....
    NES
    SNES
    Genesis
    Neo Geo
    Turbo Graphics 16
    Master System

And If it can run some of those Neo Geo games I don't know why it couldn't run those old Capcom fighters. After all I don't think they were anymore advanced than say Samurai Showdown or Metal Slug.

4. Kei

Kei

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry to say that it's highly unlikely that you will be able to get those games on the Wii. The most likely candidate for any of those games out of the new systems is Xbox 360 in the Live Arcade section easily.

Then again if you wish you can always just use MAME to get the original arcade versions (I used to have a lot of these, though I own the original home versions as well...all of them I'm a pretty serious SF crackhead :D). MAME is easily the best bet for you though it can take some digging to find each game in it's complete form and if you're like me you will only play them with arcade sticks so you'd have to buy that as well.

K <---is patiently waiting for SF4 (and won't change his SF4 wallpaper til he gets it haha

Attached Files: