• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RTX 2070 are these artifacts?

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
If I recall correctly, the green ones are core faults, and the Pink are memory related.
It can go either way actually. I've also seen other coloured blocks. Totally remember seeing yellow and blue ones when VRAM met its demise.

Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Do those things happen with older drivers ? I mean, did you try with the previous one and then an older one, then another previous one and so on ? What is the last one you used before the update of your drivers you did ?
The only thing your system would benefit from newer nVidia drivers would be security fixes in case of absolute 0,001% chance your GPU would be targeted by hackers. What about testing those games (? I don't know those you captured sorry) with the last ones your graphic card manufacturer put on the official website ? (Yeah it should be some crazy old drivers but you would know if it's about drivers).

If you have some time, add your specs in your profile so we can check things to help you more easily, especially the brands of your components, it could help. Don't feel obliged but this could help.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800x @ stock
Motherboard B550M motar wifi
Cooling Thermalright assassin 120 se
Memory DDR4 G.skill 32gb @ 3600mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 2070
Storage 3x Crucial MX500 1tb SSDs
Display(s) Acer nitro XV272U 1440p 170hz
Case Deepcool M370
Power Supply Thermaltake GX2 600w
Do those things happen with older drivers ? I mean, did you try with the previous one and then an older one another previous one , what is the last one you used before the upgrade you did ?
The only thing your system would benefit from newer nVidia drivers would be security fixes in case of absolute 0,001% chance your GPU would be targeted by hackers. What about testing those games (? I don't know those you captured sorry) with the last ones your graphic card manufacturer put on the official website ? (Yeah it should be some crazy old drivers but you would know if it's about drivers).

If you have some time, add your specs in your profile so we can check things to help you more easily, especially the brands of your components, it could help. Don't feel obliged but this could help.

The oldest driver I had this happen was back in October 537.58, I did update to the newest one today, now I no longer have those pink and green flickering outside at night in robocop but the sparkling I see in dark areas with water wetness is still there when I pan the camera I see it, in trepang2 in the screenshot. And no this never happens in any other DX11/vulkan or older DX9 games ever, I play a lot of HL2 and fallout new vegas that has water effects going on and nothing like I see in new dx12 games.

On another note,robocop rouge city developer did tell me when I showed them the pictures in game that "older turing and pascal cards are not supported due to no DX12.2 extension" even though the minimum requirements for that game show old gtx 1650 being there and that is a turing gpu so I'm a bit confused. I forgot to add my specs I will fix that.

That looks like a driver/shader issue. When your GPU Core or VRAM is starting to bite the dust, you will see pink or green blocks. That's indicating a hardware issue. It's been a minute since I have encountered this issue, but any of my Nvidia, AMD/ATI cards that have died, started with pink or green Blocks. If I recall correctly, the green ones are core faults, and the Pink are memory related.

I would turn off any overclocking and if you have the means to, lock the GPU clocks to their specified defaults.

I haven't overclocked the 2070 except for factory OC which I don't think mine came with a factory overclock since I have a TU106-400A

Last edited:
Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
The oldest driver I had this happen was back in October 537.58, I did update to the newest one today, now I no longer have those pink and green flickering outside at night in robocop but the sparkling I see in dark areas with water wetness is still there when I pan the camera I see it, in trepang2 in the screenshot. And no this never happens in any other DX11/vulkan or older DX9 games ever, I play a lot of HL2 and fallout new vegas that has water effects going on and nothing like I see in new dx12 games.

On another note,robocop rouge city developer did tell me when I showed them the pictures in game that "older turing and pascal cards are not supported due to no DX12.2 extension" even though the minimum requirements for that game show old gtx 1650 being there and that is a turing gpu so I'm a bit confused. I forgot to add my specs I will fix that.
I see, so it seems it's mostly a drivers' issue then. (And a lack of support from a dev but I can feel him/her x) )
If you get some weird glitches/artifacts in games, don't fear to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and to test the game (where it's becoming weird) with an older driver or even to use DDU before updating to a newer one. I mostly used nVidia cards and I had weird things happening so many times that I just did clean installs of the drivers for every single updates xD

Maybe right now you could try to clean the drivers with DDU and install them again and see. Maybe it could help and make any corruption vanish (if there is any corruption from drivers' updates).