1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Saints Row The Third. uhhhhh???

Discussion in 'Games' started by MxPhenom 216, Jun 25, 2011.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Just watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2-WSyRuO0

And all i can say is im glad i never got into the Saints Row series. This game looks ridiculously over the top, to the point it just stupid. IMO of course
    streetfighter 2 says thanks.
  2. mafia97

mafia97

Thanks Received:
    the game doesnt look fun at all!!!
    just cause 2 was over the top and awesome fun.
    was saints row 2 any good??
    never played any saints row.
  3. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    i have no idea. all i know if saints row 2 was a fail on the pc cuz of how bad of a port it was. apparently it was good on consoles and people liked it. but id rather have GTA IV and V when it comes out
  4. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    Saints Row 2 was pretty fun, this game imo is a bit too over the top like its went from ridiculous to wtf?!?
    I can see those animations for the fighting moves getting really repetitive after about an hour.
    It would need some good missions and a story to keep me interested any longer than a few hours.

EDIT: TBH I actually liked Saints Row better than GTA 4 because it never felt like a chore and some of the missions where actually fun unlike GTA 4 which did feel like a chore, although i actually liked Ballad of Gay Tony better than Lost and Damned and GTA 4.
  5. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    that clip was over the top riduculous! but I do like their approach this time around, start you at the top of your game so you don't have to slog through countless hours of missions to get cool stuff to free roam with.
  6. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    right when i saw the giant purple dildo and terrible driving physics I was like ohhhhh boy :wtf:
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  7. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    A lot of people always compare saints row to GTA,but they are really a different type of game in my opinion. In terms of gameplay they are both similar,open environment,free roam and missions etc. But Saints row has always been famous for being the over the top gangster stuff while GTA is nothing like that.
    Saints row and 2nd game was quite good from when i played it. But jeez it has some moments to make me laugh with the whole gangster,ghetto talk etc.
  8. The Witcher New Member

Thanks Received:
    In my opinion Saint Row 2 was a little bit better than GTA IV, of course I bought the game after 2 years of it's release so it was "patched up" quite good.

I think I'll do the same thing with Saint Row 3, I'll wait for the patches first.

How could anyone says that Saint Row 2 wasn't fun ???
  9. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Saints row is about being over the top, if thats what you thought it was, then they did it right. They don't want to just be a GTA clone.
  10. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Totally its over the top,specially this one mission in 2 where its you and 2 partner where you invade some bank or something and your surround in corner against 20+ police shooting with assault rifle.
    Bare in mind they are just wannabe gangsters and not the main character in just cause lol.
  11. Raijian

Raijian New Member

Thanks Received:
    The first Saints Row for 360 was really good. I enjoyed it way more than GTA 4. I liked taking over hoods and compounds and dressing my dude and having body guards.

It was fun. I even enjoyed the story.

Gta 4 was okay, but I only played it because Euphoria was so damn entertaining. I couldn't enjoy the story.
  12. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Rockstar used to strike a balance between story and fun with the Grand Theft Auto series. GTA IV was too story driven :(
  13. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Stop being so serious guys. FFS, Saints Row is meant to be insane! If you'd have taken the time to play parts 1 & 2 you would know this.

Saints Row is all about mindless violence. If that's not your thing, avoid the franchise.

EDIT: FFS, the guy talking you through the gameplay even says it's ridiculous and over the top!!! What did you expect?
    BababooeyHTJ says thanks.
  14. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    looks good other than driving
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  15. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    Looks like great fun!
  16. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the missions were pretty aggravating as when you wanted to do some thing the fucking phone would ring and you nearly always had to sort that issue out which made me feel tied down into what the game wants... Kinda like that annoying girlfriend were it's me me me.

How ever I played GTA 4 for many more hours than i did SW2 as SW2 once i got in a car or some thing i wished i never had done as i am not in to point and drive games. Which made me think i was driving around in one of those cheap remote control cars were the front wheels were fake.

Crappy excuse for lame quality while driving lol. If they want over the top i'm good for it but bad gameplay in not excusable.

Yes they are but still don't mean ya have to have crappy driving. One think i love doing in free roaming games is driving and to me it's a bit part and a big deal.

Looks like some laughs could be had but like JC1 reasons and above reasons i will not get it. Maybe one day they will improve the driving like in JC they did in JC2 although not perfect by all means but you can tell by a mile they were improving it.

All i can say is hurry up GTA5 :).. And hopefully they will get out to make missions for games once again.

It was kinda fun till i got out side and started to drive which drove me crazy and killed what fun there possible could of been. So i ended up hating it for not getting it right.. If i wanted crappy driving game i would go buy a ZX128 or a comadore from the 80's\90's.
  17. Funtoss

Funtoss New Member

Thanks Received:
    The gameplay looks pretty good!! i havent played saints row 1 and 2 but i might try the third one :)

i personally like gta 4 .. its just fun destroying things :L
  18. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I personally love how Saints Row 3 is looking, making it more over the top with each iteration is what made it a great series imo.

I do prefer the GTA series a bit more though mainly because i prefer the story lines and in the end they still throw in some crazy stuff.
  19. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    The whole point of SR3 is to be over the top, perhaps to NOT be compared to GTA. I've not played SR, but SR 2 was a bit over the top. From what i've read, they've went further with all the crazy each new title. SR2 is a great game. Far better than GTA 4 imo, but maybe that's just me being tierd of the same. Hell they even took the BMX bikes away from us in that one [in GTA IV]!
  20. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    That vid looks awesome. I'll likely buy it, I just hope it runs better on PC than SR2 did.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    FordGT90Concept@
    I wouldn't count on it.. I actually played like 98% of the game. Then i told a friends how awesome it was and that we could play it over the internet in coop.. Let's just say we both quit before even breaking out of prison.. It's absolutely horrible on PC (SR2). Unless it gets great reviews on PC, i would not touch it (SR3).. Maybe with gasoline and a strike anywhere matchstick.
  22. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have the PC version of Saints Row 2, and i honestly don't see a problem with it believe it or not, i was hesitant to buy it on Steam because of the reviews and overall negative buzz of the PC version, but i actually ended up finishing the game and it ran smooth and controlled great the entire time.

Also, i bought it a few months ago, so maybe they patched it up after you guys played it.
  23. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    CD Projekt was responsible for porting Saint's Row 2. Saint's Row 3 is being ported by the original developer this time.
  24. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    This could be the case. We played it when it was released. The reason i got hyped and told him to get it when it came out was because i found it so awesome on the PS3, and at the time it had just been released on PC.
  25. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I beat the game probably 3-4 times on PC and one of those was Coop with a friend. The game runs good if you have a tri-core CPU or better. SR2 looked like a rush job on PC. Red Faction: Guerilla came after it and, as far as I can tell, it uses the same engine better optimized for PC. I think SR2 has shown that THQ can make money on PC. Profit means developmental focus which should mean a more optimized game on PC.

It is impossible to drive full speed in a fast car on a dual core computer in SR2. SR2 also has major timing issues on Windows 7 that has never been patched (there is a 3rd party fix for it though).
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU