1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sanyo Eneloop NiMH Rechargeable AA Battery 8-Pack $20.07

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Oscnn, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Oscnn

Oscnn New Member

Thanks Received:
    suraswami says thanks.
  2. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    eh, not that good of a deal, when you consider that you can get a 4 pack of Sony that have:

Capacity Rating: 2500mAh
    Packaged: 4/Card Retail packaging
    Lasts up to 4 times longer than alkaline batteries in high drain devices!

for $4.99 that makes 8 of them less than $10! Under half of the ones you posted. :toast:

http://www.zbattery.com/Sony-Rechargeable-NiMH-AA-Batteries-2500mAh-4-Card

And for anyone that is looking at this, I have used Zbattery many times, and they are great! Usually ship the same day, and it is usually USPS:rockout:

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Yeah sure go ahead, but you will see the difference in voltage readings, current output etc in the Sanyo. Don't get fooled with the 2500 crap. The Enelopes is the one trusted by professional photographers especially with external flash. They hold charge longer and don't get exhausted soon.

And oh there is a difference in 'Made in Japan' (Sanyo) vs 'Made in China' (Sony). You get what you pay for.

Note: I realised this when I was taking photos at my brother's wedding with my brand new dSLR with external flash. Made in China ones crapped out fast and the Made in Japan Energizer 2300 mAH set I had laster over 200 Flashes in single charge. Can't beat that.

and oh use a slow overnite charger, they charge better than those fast chargers and gives longer life to the batteries.

:toast:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yep these chargers that charge in 1h-4 hours screw the batteries up ( i believe it burns the cells out ). Fast charging is only dont due to convenience but in no way good for the batteries. Don't seem to charge them as well either.

5. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I haven't tried Enerloop yet, but they supposedly have an actual shelf life.

Duracell NiMH have been the best I've ever used and have lasted the longest, they have a good shelf life too (up 6 months) Worst have been energizer brand, even worse than the shittiest no-name from eBay.

6. suraswami

suraswami

Thanks Received:
    Make sure u get the Made in Japan Energizer ones. Yup I have Panasonic ones too, my first set was Made in Japan, bought a second set which was made in china and is crap. duracell too made in japan and they last long.

7. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone worth their salt knows that Sanyo is legendary in the NiCad/NiMH/LiPO battery world. The Eneloop's come highly recommended.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD