1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire 4870 1gb toxic bios?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Cuboard, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Cuboard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have a Sapphire 4870 1gb toxic bios please

Hi, I have the non-Toxic 4870 1gb, but looking at the PCB it looks exact same as the Toxic version.
    I was looking at a volt mod but none available for the card I have, and Rivatuner soft mod via registers in not possible on these cards.
    So I'm thinking of a BIos flash to the 1GB Toxic bios, hoping that maybe the Toxic Bios has higher voltages. (though I imagine they're the same)

SO anyone have or know where I can get hold of the bios?
    Also if anyone has seen a vcc volt mod, would be handy.

Many thanks!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
  3. Cuboard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I have checked, but my Bios has the voltages set at the highest it can go 1.268v IIRC.

Edit here's a pic or RBE
    [​IMG]
    Just hoping that maybe the Toxic bios has somthing different, but I think it's a long shot.

Looking at a review of the Toxic, it didn't overclock at all.
    I have used my old 3870 heatsink a HR-03, and temps never get about 49c. Although I cannot fit any RAM sinks at the Heatpipes get in the way. But the core should fly with a few extra volts.
    It does 850 easy, but any more and the card resets via VPU Recover.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  4. Cuboard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well got hold of the bios, but it's the same as mine, just higher clocks.
    Attached if anyone else can use it

Attached Files:

5. Ben_UK New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the Sapphire non-Toxic 1GB 4870. Whilst I haven't tried, I understand that you can't do anything to alter the BIOS voltages in Rivatuner or RBE. Again, as far as I know, the only way to increase voltages at present is to hard mod the cards.

Though, I cling to a glimmer of hope that some genius will come up with a way to increase voltages by other means...

EDIT: ive just seen there is a new release of RBE now, would that have any benefit for people with previous unchangable voltages?
    http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1331/TechPowerUp_Radeon_Bios_Editor_v1.19.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009