• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire 9800 Pro black out

DarkTrooper

Hi,
some time ago (Feb 05) I bought an Sapphire 9800 Pro. Unfourtonatly the card broke down on me after two month of usage (April) (no modding, oc etc and crash not even in 3D mode). Until this month I tryed to get it exchanged/repaired (had full warantie), but with no luck.
In short, der dealer has vanished and Sapphire wants lots of money to repair there formerly brand new card (How much they wont tell exactly, but of what they say it should add up to be larger 70€ + X, in the very best case). Ok so much for that....

So now I am stuck with this card and since there are so many Pros here I thought, I'll give it a try and ask if any one has any ideas what I can do, too at least check what's up with the card.

So during normal "2D working", the card just went black screening on me. A reboot caused nothing at all -> the system powers up, screen stays in stdby mode and system wont boot a notch, nor does it give any "S.O.S" Beeps that would give a hint.
Put in my 9500Pro and all is well again.

I would be thankfull for any tipps !!

so thanks ahead !

Marc