• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire hd6850 dead after bios update

neo24gr

after bios update with winflash and latest bios update file from here

now my sapphire not recognize it from windows 7,in device manger is only vga card.
try everything with install drivers,ccc,separately,everything..
especialy when i try to make update driver from device manager it say driver cant found on system ( or something...).
and all above after using driver sweeper and driver cleaner..
on my dual boot xp 32bit have the same problem,it recognize as vga card...
i flash it again with my backup bios ,and the problem still there...
please help!

D

Deleted member 67555

That's likely not the new bios for your card but likely a BIOS for a new model...

If you have integrated GFX load up on that and replace the BIOS with the correct version.

EDIT:
You may need to FLASH your BIOS in DOS in order to get it to work with your backup bios.

kenan

hi jmcslob, thanks for your answer.

Bios on site:
Sapphire HD 6850 1024 MB BIOS
GPU Device Id: 0x1002 0x6739
113-C223P-X007
Date: 2011-06-20 22:10:00

My card:
Sapphire HD 6850 1024 MB BIOS
GPU Device Id: ... 0x6739
113-C223P-X001
Date: 2010...

when i flash it with atiwinflash, windows doesn't recognize card. what i'm doing wrong?

D

Deleted member 67555

With GPU-Z up and AtiWinFlash can you take a screenshot with TPU Capture and post it...

Like this

I'm thinking this is your Correct BIOS

Last edited by a moderator:

kenan

Yes it's my bios and i tried to update it with: this. is it wrong? and i'm lucky that i've backed my original bios with GPU-Z before update, so turned back without errors :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67555

Yes that BIOS you linked was wrong, the number I put a red mark by is different then yours meaning it's for a different model

Your BIOS should have this number

So is it working now?

The bios's in the VGA collection aren't always updates for the card you have...some are but most are BIOS's for newer or differently made models of the same card...such as different memory etc...etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

kenan

Mine is working. I understood now. Thanks. 113-C223P-X001 came to X007, I thought that it was new bios for my card :)