• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire hd6950 2gb flex

deftond

I am not sure if anyone else on here has one of these card but the main reason I purchased this from the other models is because of its ease of use and accessories it comes with. I got deus ex and Dirt 3, dvi adapter, vga adaptor, hdmi cable, display port adapter and a really nice looking card.

I did not expect any overclocking from this card as the reviews I read did not report much as far as overclocking gains, however that is not why I bought this.

When I put my computer back together(cleaned it out) I put the bios switch to the number 2 position(first time I booted it up.
Since I had a new hard drive I reinstalled win7 64 bit. Loaded up Sapphire Trixxx and gpu-z.
To my amazement it auto unlocked to the 6970 shaders. I didn't even try to lol. On top of that it has overclocked like a champ. I don't need to overclock so I tried it out for kicks.

ive been up to 920mhz core clock and 5.3 ghz on the memory(stable even though ive had it up higher). I only bumped up the voltage a little(just in case).

I use this all the time at 850mhz core and normal memory settings as I am saving overclocking this card and pushing it only when I need to.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:

ExodusMaximus

System Name Self made
Processor i7 2600K 3.4Ghz(TurboV LU 4.4Ghz)
Motherboard Asus P8P67 rev.3
Cooling XIGMATEK Intel Core i7 compatible Dark Knight-S1283V
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ X Turbo 2GB 6950 (unlocked) OC 960Mhz/1440Mhz
Storage Seagate SV35 1TB
Display(s) 2X Samsung SMBX 2335
Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
Never used TriXX, so I don't know exactly what it can do - I would say if you disable power play, and upp the voltage to 1.2v (and update the fan profile) you should be able to get it to at least 950/1440 - nice gains - disable power play though - you will avoid power throttle. (in AB you can do it by setting unoficilaoverclocking to 2)

deftond

ya I guess

I've had it up to 940 and hard to tell with the memory, 5.5ghz I think... however my point was that I didn't need to push it. For a card that isn't supposed to be great at over clocking did it almost by itself lol. I didn't even have to try and flash the bios for the 6970 shaders that is my main point. I just got this card. I don't need to ruin it before I've owned it a month.

THis post is for people doing some research. I did a lot before I bought my card and every review I read got less of an overclock than me...and I didn't try.. There are 6950's that can be highly over clocked..I doubt mine is but for the price I am happy. I didn't need to tweak the bios..just bump up the volatage a smidgen.

This card has enough juice at stock speeds to crank any game I have thrown at it without it being over clocked.. If I need to though, I push it up to 900 core and just a little on the memory. The only game giving me problems is bad company 2. I had it shut down on me 5 times in a row. I disabled ulps in Trixxx which is supposed to help but I just backed down the clocks and it runs fine.
The only game I need to overclock for is crysis 2 at Ultra settings. It dips down to 20 fps with dx11 and the high resolution textures.

I think any smart person out there just wants a card that not only performs great but comes with a lot of STUFF!! like mine did.

hdmi cable, dvi cable, dvi-vga adapter, dvi-hdmi adapter, display port adapter and Dirt 3 and Deus Ex to top it off. I expected this card to only be able to run at stock and I am happy and the card was more than worth it with the extas Sapphire threw in for me.