1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire PURE Crossfire PC-A9RD480

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Nov 18, 2005.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  2. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sweet board, good review W1zzard. Honestly I wasn't expecting this good of a board from Sapphire. The color scheme of the board reminds me of Vanilla Coke, I like it though.:laugh:

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    actaully wizzy, DFI claim they do have proper ATI crossfire certification, they just didnt make it into the first batch. They say they will have it when ATI do the next update of the certified products, but pushed it out earlier without the appropriate stickers since it was so late already.

4. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    dfi: "we had to rush our product and we are sorry if it's not working for you, but please buy again and you may not be dissatisfied" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2005
  5. 5-Clicks New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry if this was mentioned in the article, but when is it supposed to be available to buy? I didn't see it anywhere in the article (didn't read it all word for word though :D)

6. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    it should be available already, but it seems hard to find

7. Dillinger

Dillinger

Thanks Received:
    I was going to buy this board however I didnt like the fact that it only has two slots for other cards..like I have circled in yellow.

[​IMG]

Yet im getting tired of using just one video card im going to get a dule core MB too.

8. yankees26 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think they mislabeled the board

I believe the reason it is hard to find is that the board that they are talking about is not a pure innovation board from sapphire. It is a Sapphire Pure Crossfire PC-A9RD480. It is the only Sapphire board that has the red and white colors and has crossfire. Also the only board under sapphire're pure innovation section on their website a non crossfire one (PI-A9RX480).

9. yankees26 New Member

Thanks Received:
    look at picture

if you look at the picture of the box opened with the manual and cables and zoom in on the manual you will see that the board is in fact the PC-A9RD480 not the PI-A9RD480 (which doesnt exist) which means it is a Pure Crossfire board not a Pure Innovation board. Quite a big typo considering they had the motherboard and it said Pure Crossfire.:banghead::twitch:

10. W1zzard

Thanks Received:
    yep i'm sorry .. stupid me

11. infrared New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why do motherboard manufacturers put pci sockets under the PCIe sockets... I think that's pretty stupid, at least without having a decent gap. If you were utilizing both PCIe sockets, and both PCI sockets, the fan on the second graphics card would be covered.

Anyone else observed this?