1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Rolls Out Radeon R9 270X Dual-X 4 GB Graphics Card

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Dec 23, 2013.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sapphire rolled out a variant of its Radeon R9 270X Dual-X graphics card with double the standard memory amount, at 4 GB, which makes the card meet the recommended system requirements of games such as Battlefield 4. The card features 4 GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 5.60 GHz (GDDR5-effective), across a 256-bit wide memory interface, churning out 179 GB/s of bandwidth. It's practically identical to the R9 270X Dual-X graphics card. The card features a non-reference design PCB, and the company's compact Dual-X cooling solution. The card could retail for a $30 to $50 premium over the $199 reference design when it hits western markets. Currently, it's restricted to markets in the greater China region.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    I hope to see a TPU review of a R9 270x 4g card.

The past few weeks, this card (w/BF4 even) has been in and out of stock on Newegg for $230.

3. Nihilus

Thanks Received:
    4 GB, huh? Not that useful on a single card but it would come in handy for tri-fire. I would like to see how well these cards scale in a tri-fire vs a pair of 280x cards. Tom's just did an article on 3 gtx 760 with 4GB vs a pair of GTX 780s.

4. alwayssts

alwayssts

Thanks Received:
    I personally think these will become an interesting solution, especially if prices on Hawaii stay high and 270x prices begin to fall.

While I would like to see a crossfire review of them (with minimum and avg framerates), especially overclocked versus single Hawaii cards, I wonder if it is best left for after AMD releases their next big driver update (for crossfire).

5. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    W1zzard's house has a Tribble-like infestation of Radeon R9 cards at the moment.

alwayssts and TRWOV say thanks.
  6. Baum

Thanks Received:
    muhaha im a good at cleanup, just let me steal the gpu's for christmas....

W1zzard, i hope you decorate the christmas tree with them!

i whised someone made a 290's silent, event lower performance would be ok for me but water cooling a a no go because of the rest of my system and even datasecurity... hey look my gpu peed on my hdd nooooo!

7. Deadlyraver

Thanks Received:
    Unless if I own a 1440P monitor, and stack up another 270X, this purchase will be pointless.

8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    better heatsink with better fan would make it more silent than reference design