1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] Screw mounting system for Xigmatek S1283

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by ShadowFold, May 13, 2008.

1. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Im gonna get a Xigmatek S1283 off of newegg and I frakin hate the push pin system :banghead:

2. Duxx Guest

It works better than you think. I had no difficulty pushing them in (as opposed to stock) and E2200 idles at 15 and loads at about 37-38 so the contact is just fine.

3. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are the xigmatek push pins easier? Cause the ones on my stock cooler and AC Freezer are a biotch.. Gotta push harder than what I like to pop them in and they bend.

4. Duxx Guest

i put absolute minimal effort in pushing them in, my sister even pushed the last one in without any effort(i put the fan on first, then installed and my fingers were too big)hah but intels stock took like 2000N of force. These took maybe .0001N :)

5. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:

6. Duxx Guest

Hah sure thing. Try the push pins first, if they aren't sufficient and wont install rather easily, than look for another mounting bracket. But at least give them a shot ;)

7. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Will do. Think one could cool a E7200 to 3.2ghz?

8. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I just sent support an email asking about the kit. I got a responce saying they require a copy of original reciept and the UPC from the box and they will send the kit out for free!

9. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    how would I get a receipt from newegg? Might as well get one if its free :rolleyes:

10. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    you sign into the account and look up the purchase. It should say somewhere on the page to print copy of reciept, or select all and print in greyscale!

It reqires an address to send it all in to , snail mail style. Shoot them an email!

I just put one on today in my spare rig. Works great and gets great temps, but it does flex my BloodIron when it's installed(take a bit of modding to get it to clear the stock NB HS!).

11. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    So if I dont have a printer I cant do it :ohwell: Can I just email it to them?

12. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    Im not really sure. The instructions I recieved said to mail a copy of purchase and UPS, I have a printer so I was happy with that. Include the lack of a printer to them and ask if you can send a screenshot of the eggs reciept?

13. poohball New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wll suggest you buy the Xigmatek fast, because right now they still giving away their bolton kit for free as long as you show proof of purchase. I read their kit will available through retail very soon, I am worry they will stop this offer. I am still waiting for the S1284 available to purchase and plan to get 1 more kit for free!!

14. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Only down side with the upc thing, is for a mail in rebate what do you do?

15. sneekypeet

Thanks Received:
    I assume you could scan it and explain to one or the other why!Id sent the scanned copy to the bolt on kit tho, just to be sure the rebate goes through ok!