1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

settings must be disabled

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by MaXiMuM GaMeR, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MaXiMuM GaMeR

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

What are the settings and feature that must be disabled when Overclocking Z77 Platform ?:cry:

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Nothing needs to be disabled. What problems are you having? And this is when the systemin your specs?

3. MaXiMuM GaMeR

Thanks Received:
    The problem is when I overclock to 4.6GHz eveything works fine but when I run the Prime 95 and watch the CPU Multiplier on the CPU-Z ......... I see the CPU Multiplier stepping down and getting up from 41 to 46
    most of the time its not 46

Specs :
    MSI MPower Z77
    intel core i7 2600k
    corsair domintor GT 1866

4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    sounds like the CPU is throttling, Check your temps. maybe your 620 isnt mounted correctly or you are using way too much voltage for you OC and its causing it to overheat too much

5. Ed_1

Thanks Received:
    I don't know MSI bios settings but is there a CPU current power setting you can raise , Asus has thermal and current settings for MB that you can raise when you OC .

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  6. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    If his CPU isn't under load it sounds like SpeedStep, which lowers you voltages and clock speed in various steps depending on the load. For example, my CPU will sit at 1.5Ghz idle (x12 multi), and will step up to various different frequencies. So unless your fully loading your machine or if you disable power saving features, the CPU clock is going to go down on its own. This isn't a bad thing, it saves power and reduces heat, but you might not be able to overclock as high if the machine becomes unstable in a low power state because of the different frequencies and voltages.

7. Ed_1

Thanks Received:
    while what you say is true, speed will bounce around with light to mid usage he states in prime95 this is happening . all cores should get used at 100% .