1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silencer 750 quad crossfire atx?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Trung, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know if the new ocz silencer 750 quad crossfire edition and atx or dtx? The ocz site doesnt seem to say

2. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    i've never even heard of dtx?? Do you mean BTX???

Pretty sure its atx bro... :)

3. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh yeah sorry btx my bad, anyways so its atx aye...cool really helpful..my mobo supports atx and the silencer 750 specs doesnt indicate...thanks heaps dude

4. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey another question...how do you find out, if the specs dont indicate???

5. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    From what I know, I believe BTX is more to do with motherboards than the PSU's themselves. But I do know that BTX has pretty much died in the ass so I reckon if that psu was for "btx" then it woulda said so....

Educated guess I spose...

Can I ask why you went with that choice of psu??? Just curious thats all.
    GL

6. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    IC but i thought that BTX will eventually take over ATX....i'mm not too familar with the form factors anyways lol...

I'm building a new system atm and i'm going to run crossfire...then when i heard that ocz was releasing a crossfire certified psu i jumped to it...i read some reviews and some forums and it seems to be alrite. Atm this psu would be my best choice, i'm going to be running 2 hd2900xt so definitely need a psu to support 2 GPUs that consume a heap of power lol....what do you think about this psu??

7. Web Junkie New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've bought the PC Power & Cooling SILENCER 750 QUAD from Aria.co.uk and it's certified to run anything in SLi upto 2 x 8800GTX, does crossfire too supporting 2 x HD 2900XT, but only has a 24 Pin ATX Mobo connector.

So looks like it's not BTX compatable!

8. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh so its diffinitely atx aye, i'm relieved.....so what do you reckon does it run smoothly, and is it loud under stress??

9. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    BTX specs are pretty similar to ATX specs, including power connectors.
    Most PSUs will support both, since the difference is minimal. Mine displays ATX/BTX support on the box IIRC.

10. Web Junkie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I've run Colin McRAE DiRT for about 15 mins and not heard anything, also played a bit of FEAR and so far only hear the case fan noise, still got the case off as I'm messing about with a RAID controller problem so not had time to really play any stressful games for any period of time!

As soon as I get the RAID problem fixed and case back on I can seriously start playing some games that ran like crap on my old system!

11. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Man I don't even think your system is going to make that psu warm.... it won't even need the fan running LoL.....

that is a bigggg ass psu man... :twitch:

12. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also have the Silencer Quad 750, but not the red crossfire one, mine is SLI certified and i can't hear the fan at all, though i heard that this PSU if under load does get a bit loud, but i can't confirm that. I know that its overkill for my system but i was planning to SLI 2 8800GTS cards, but now settled on a sungle GTX instead. Anyway, its rock solid stable unit and its highly recomended, good choice!

13. Trung New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool so this PSU is stable, positive feedbacks...much appreciated guys i'm going to order the crossfire edition soon and hopefully everything will be alrite....Thanks heaps everybody