1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Silverstone Raven 2 RV02-EW

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by kciaccio, May 8, 2011.

1. TheGrapist

Thanks Received:
    to my knowledge no
    kciaccio says thanks.
  2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    They have fast shipping. It shouldn't be long to get it. maybe a week longer then normal if in the states.. But, like Grapist says.. No state side that's good as them.. all cut to size, just sleeve and heat..
    kciaccio says thanks.
  3. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    kciaccio says thanks.
  4. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    kciaccio says thanks.
  5. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    sleeving they carry is really "thin" when you do it, you gotta make sure it doesn't "stretch" to much, when putting the wire in it, or you got a sleeved cable that you can see the wires still..

I used it on fans, but when using their bigger grade sleeves, it really didn't compare to what Mdpc-x does for you.. IMHO

thread at Xtreme You might like to read threw..
    kciaccio says thanks.
  6. kciaccio New Member

Thanks Received:
    How are they cut to size? Do you order them at the lengths you want when you order?
  7. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    You can ether get the Sleeving kit that is done up for you... Or, you go and just "buy" what you need..

As for the heat shrink.. Yes, they pre-cut cut it. So, you won't mess that step up.. Just gotta take a little time when you sleeve...

If you don't want to Do this step.. There is a TPU'er Crys1sgam3r (don't know if I spelled it right)... Look for a sleeving thread on TPU.. He can do some "extensions" for ya. So all you have to do, is talk with him and see what he can do. Young kid, but talent in that field.
    kciaccio says thanks.
  8. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    kciaccio says thanks.
  9. kciaccio New Member

Thanks Received:
    Should go thru the trouble of water cooling this rig?

I plan on getting the new bulldozer CPU and doing a little O.C. and at least one high end video card maybe crossfire in the future.

If I do water cool I will mount the radiator on the outside, so the closed corsair systems will not do.

If air cooled will the AM3 socket have the same CPU Cooler attachments as the new AM3+ boards?
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  10. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Depends on how much you want to spend and if you truly want water cooling. I recently bought a customized EK H30 advanced supreme HF 360 kit and changed the tubing, added new fittings, and some acid green UV feser liquid + some gelid UV green fans for looks. It was just a bit over $350 all together. Totally worth the convenience though. Comes with all nice EK parts (if you're not scared of the nickel stuff) that match nicely and look much much better than a XSPC kit or something.
    kciaccio says thanks.
  11. kciaccio New Member

Thanks Received:
    What you spent is the same range I would be willing to do. Did you order that kit from the U.K.? Or is there a US retailer?

Do you think the overall experience and results is worth it over just putting on a top notch air-cooling heat-sink and fan?
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  12. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The experience, results, looks, especially the look of the acid green glowing fluid and matching fittings, etc. It's totally worth it. The performance is amazing. I haven't had time to really test all my OC's again with it, but I will at some point.

You can order it from US retailers. FrozenCPU carries it for $289 for the kit by itself. It comes with everything you need, including EK nickel compression fittings, some extra UV blue water dye, yate loon fans for the 360 radiator. It's very nice. Definitely recommended.