1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Star Trek Online Clubhouse!

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by erocker, Jan 27, 2010.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

"Space... The final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship [your ship here]. It's ongoing mission:
    To explore strange new worlds...
    To seek out new life; New civilizations...
    To boldly go where no one has gone before!"

Right.. SO, anyone who has bought the game and are looking to join up into a TPU fleet and take over the galaxy, by all means join up and post here.

This weekend is the "Head Start" weekend for all of those who have pre-ordered. See you out there!

[​IMG]

*Sneekypeete, AthlonX2 and Easy Rhino are not allowed here. -Don't ask

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    preordered, waiting, looking forward to it, not too excited after the beta

3. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    lol can you stick logos on the hulls of your ships? actually make a tpu fleet :laugh:

4. erocker

Thanks Received:
    The last few days of the beta definitely got better. When I started I would crash constantly and towards the end everything was fairly smooth other than some ground battles that liked to stutter. The game looked much better after they added AA support. This is the first MMO that I truly got addicted to. The changing up from battling in space to the ground kept my interest. Oh and advancing to larger ships for sure. :)

Oh, the last few hours of the beta were very awesome! The developers invaded the Alpha quadrant (Earth, etc.) with the Borg. You couldn't fly anywhere in sector space without getting encountered by Borg. The developers were flying around in Borg spheres killing everything and making comments like "BOB WAS ASSYMILATED". Hillarious. Inside Starbase 1 there were hunderds upon hundreds of Borg clones everywhere.

Absolutely! I can't wait to try that out.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Still waiting for the servers to come back up :shadedshu I like the one server model but i sure as hell hope they get their sh*t togeather before release day, since at the moment the head start is proving too tough for their servers to handle.

I also hope they fix some of the gamebreaking bugs like constant crashing on ground missions with explosion effects going off or the missing rewards which aren't given to you when you complete a mission (im missing 2 bridge officers from that bug :wtf:).

Still it's a fun game - really felt good while in a fleet action out on my own to be ambushed by 9 bird of preys and to come out of it alive and kicking.

Oh and yeah i'd join a TPU fleet - my fed character is called "thomas" and my handle (my unique forum name thingy after my name since names aren't unique) is human_error (suprisingly ;))

6. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    The game is good but a little too simplistic sometimes. I was hoping for something a little closer to Eve but in the Star Trek universe. Games without death penalties really take away a lot for me personally. It doesn't have to be something severe or harsh but something would make it a lot more immersive. Caring about whether or not you live makes each battle a lot more exciting. The game has some issues but I think it's going well enough for a brand new game just launching. At least in 2 days Mortal Online will begin their open beta, so when there are server crashes like this I can go try that out.

7. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    I like the lack of death penalty to be honest - makes it really fun as a klingon as i don't care about dying as long as i take someone out with me *charges at nearest fed ship*. Death penalties only serve as a timesink as you need to earn resources/take time to overcome death before continuing - not having them means the game needs more raw content to keep players interested but i can enjoy playing for the sake of playing instead of having to work at earning money or taking a break just to overcome death penalties. Also means no-one complains when they die in missions/raids, which is a nice break from the usual "this is gonna cost me x gold" drama in other mmos.

8. erocker

Thanks Received:
    This club is huge. Great job erocker! Sigh... :laugh:

I made a video of combat in space using my Captain level Deep Space Science class ship which is basically Voyager from the TV show. Definitely my favorite ship so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ud9ovoqSZk

**human error... In game you are thomas@human_error? I'll look you up.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  9. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    yep :)

im not playing too much atm to give them time to fix all the bugs like breaking the planet and the missing BO bug (missing 3 greens so far :banghead:)- im a lt cmdr lvl 5 in a cruiser

**edit**

nice ship - what beam weapons are you using there?

10. freakshow

freakshow

Thanks Received:
    Awww i want this game like sooooooo bad have no moneys though :(:cry:

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    So how is this game going so far, I probably won't be picking it up, but I like to stay on top of MMO news. How was the launch, hows the content, lets see some sweet spaceships!

12. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    There are Klingons on Uranus!

13. erocker

Thanks Received:
    What does missing greens mean? :eek:

The beams are Tetryon phasers. I should be at rear admiral tonight, but it seems once you hit Captain 5, the higher skill point missions become less and less. I was reassured that once you hit Admiral a bunch of new missions open up. At level 43 now, you get to take on the Borg.

14. xrealm20

xrealm20

Thanks Received:
    just picked up the game, I'll be online tonight to check it out =)

15. xrealm20

xrealm20

Thanks Received:
    anyone still playing?

I just hit RA 3 and i'm looking for some troops for borg missions.

16. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm out for the summer. I'd rather not pay waiting for content, and by the end of summer there will be plenty to do. :toast:

17. xrealm20

xrealm20

Thanks Received:
    gotcha, so you're at RA5 erocker?

18. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Yeah RA5. I cancelled my account earlier this month. I miss playing it, but I'm hoping, later there will be another level to level up to.

Then again I might just get the itch and start a new character before then. :toast:

19. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was thinking about getting this, mostly because it's Startrek and looks rather awesome - but I'm very anti-MMO.. but my love for Startrek is balancing the two out and I can't decide whether or not to buy it :s

20. xrealm20

xrealm20

Thanks Received:
    It's actually a good game, the majority of the content (until you hit lvl 40) is solo content. I had a real issue with relying on good groups to level up in other MMO's --

-- erocker -- I just started a klingon character, kinda fun -- might be something to get you back into the grove of playing. If you decide to jump on, give me a shout - my RA's name is Xandaer

21. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ehh, it isn't like Age of Conan where you're FORCED to do all the single player crap before you can leave a certain area is it? How long do you think it would take to hit lvl40?

Man I wish they just made this a regular RPG with coop or something, would've been 100x better IMO.

22. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    does this cost money to play monthly? and is there nay story? or just online

23. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes there is a monthly fee, and afaik it's all online.

And there's been a price drop on Steam, yay. Still don't know if I want to get it yet or not.. I just wish it didn't have pay-to-play :banghead:

24. Crusader

Crusader New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I ended up getting it. Enjoying it mostly.

Just an update, Season Two update is out as of yesterday afaik.

25. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    I am hardcore Trekkie - watched:
    All 11 movies
    All NG-TV episodes
    All DS9-TV episodes
    All Voyager-TV episodes
    All Star Trek-TV episodes
    And last but not least all but a few Star Trek Classic-TV episodes (my brain just couldnĀ“t take it anymore :D)