1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Swap between Eyefinity and standard desktop

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Hockster, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    I got my Eyefinity setup running, and when the game works correctly it's awesome. But mostly it doesn't. Is there an easy way to swap between Eyefinity and a standard triple extended desktop?

2. Goodman

Goodman

Thanks Received:
  3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    There is no "one-click" method, but maybe in a future driver. It's "one-click" to enable eyefinity, though, provided a few conditions are met.

If you plug in the monitors the correct order, then selecting the resolution of one of the panels should have the game displayed on the center panel. I use displayport on the left, bottom dvi in the middle, top dvi on the right. This should negate the need to swap to extended desktop, unless for some other reason.

I found better game support using portrait mode, as in landscape, alot of games on AMD's "supported" list just chop the top and bottom off the screen, to fit the aspect ratio, rather than adjusting the FOV.

4. surfingerman

surfingerman New Member

Thanks Received:
    set up teh hydra grid.. it will sooth alot of the problems with no individual desktops for the time being.. also the 10.5 beta drivers have solved all of my flickering problems

5. Hockster

Hockster

Thanks Received:
    I have it setup correctly, just that most of my games don't support it at all. And two of the three that do support Eyefinity are flaky at best. Dragon Age has known rendering bugs and the UI can't be moved to the main screen, UT3 has HUD issues.

Anyway I was just hoping there was an easy method to switch between modes. it's painful being an early adopter sometimes. :banghead: