• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Synology DS2419+ 12-Bay NAS

The DS2419+ is a massive NAS that offers increased reliability due to its high build quality, and vast amounts of storage. Out of the box, it supports up to twelve drives, and with the addition of the DX1215 unit, this number can be increased to 24 HDDs or 384 TB of raw storage space.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
The DS2419+ does indeed seem like a capable and easy to use product.

However, I’m starting to think that Synology hasn’t significantly upgraded the SoC in such models to something like an Intel i3 or Celeron because they are essentially recycling older designs. That and perhaps power consumption concerns.

I agree that these NAS units should have the option of both 10GbE and Dual M.2 SSD cache. Having to choose between the two debases whatever you opt to go with and thus becomes a limiting factor.

Still this product fills a niche. I haven’t seen any 12 bay (3.25”) NAS units from QNAP with x86 / x64 processors in this price range. They are all either more expensive or use ARM SoC, unless something has changed.

Oddly QNAP doesn’t seem to use eSAS or eSATA in this range of product for external expansion so Synology does get a leg up over QNAP in some situations. I agree that it’s about time that Synology added HDMI though.

~$1200 usd does sound about right for this product IMO and ~$1500 does seem to be a bit much for what you get.

I don’t necessarily buy into the idea that you’re paying extra for better support with Synology though. Your mileage will likely vary depending on your country of origin. I’ve used Synology support before (USA) and it seemed just average to me.

I agree, for the SoC.
It's often that my NAS is limited by it's SoC and not by any disk/network bottleneck.

I don't think an Atom is enough ... There's still some workloads which can't be handled. And it's worse with 2 and 4 bay NAS

That's the GLORIOUS Seasonic S12II-Bronze base inside...
And didn't have they Reliability Problems with some of their PSU??

Would be interesting to know who made THOSE.

Anyway: Its a rather bad PSU,even in a NAS (or especially there) I wouldn't want it - especially because it lacks UVP on 12V, OCP on any rail and other stuff...