1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

System going to sleep when playing music

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Frick, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I've set my system to sleep after 1 hour. The annoying thing is that it does this even when I'm listening to music. It does not when I watch movies or anything, but with music it does. It's in programs like Spotify, Winamp, WMP and so on..

Interesting fact: It started recently. I can't say if it was after an update or not. I don't think I've installed anything either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is seriously annoying. :(

2. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Take a look into advanced settings in power profiles if you're on Windows 7. That's the only peice of advice I can give. I never had this happen to myself yet, so am unsure where to look.

Frick says thanks.
  3. Frick

Thanks Received:
    I've looked there, and there's options for movies and sharing media, but nothing else.

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you use to play music? I use......itunes. BEFORE YOU ATTACK ME I used to own Mac before they were the end all and a lot of my music was bought in itunes. So I'm kinda..........stuck.

Anyway itunes will not allow your rig to go to sleep.

5. Frick

Thanks Received:
    Hey, iTunes is pretty good. But it does this regardless. I'm using Spotify (it streams music), Winamp and WMP. Especially when streaming music this should not happen, but it still does.

It can happen in the middle of a song even.

6. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    and sharing media doesn't work for example with PS3 media streamer. i will be an hour or so into a movie, or into the 3rd movie and it will just go to sleep. it doesn't recognize it's being used so it sleeps.

i haven't found a solution, but i haven't looked too hard. let me know what you find, please :)