1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tagas protection

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Morgoth, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    can anny one tell me what the puprose is of this program? Tagas protection
    i keep getting an error that the program has stoped working afther a restart
  2. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Its a form of DRM that some games have used, asterix at the olympic games uses it if i remember right but i have no idea what other games or programs might use it.

If i am reading the info on steam right i also think Anno 2070 might use it or used to use it.

This should help with more info regarding tages.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagès

There is also a website for tages that has some update, version 5.5 i think it is but i can't seem to get on the site at the moment as it says i am forbiden to access it lol.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  3. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    so that program is not a critical windows function?
  4. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Nope not critical to windows at all but if removed it might stop some of your games working.

The problem is its hard to tell what game or games installed it in the first place but from reading the steam forums it seems a fair few games use it.

I guess if you remove it and then have problems with a game then its a fair bet that game needs it.

The first time i noticed it was when i installed asterix and i needed to update tages to version 5.5 to get it working on windows 7. It's never caused me any problems in the past but as i don't play asterix anymore i no longer have tages installed and all is working fine.