1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Techpowerup HWBot team!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by D_o_S, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortal New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a suggestion, all memeber who did not score any points should be deleted from hwbot team.

All member who havent scored points only lower our team score. We have many members but only few of us are in to this.
  2. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    Totally agree. But we should first notify them that they will get deleted on a specific date unless they get points. If we don't get any reply or no points are won then deletion can be done
  3. pagalms

pagalms New Member

Thanks Received:
    Woah, i was out of OC & benching for about month, because i was out of money for HW. Now i have some money and i'll go nuts with AMD benching. Try to reach magical 4GHz in this summer :eek: :D
    Since i'm never saw 4GHZ AMD validation from Latvia, i have chance to first to done that :)
  4. Demos_sav

Demos_sav New Member

Thanks Received:
    That would be nice:rockout:
  5. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    just scored another 1.4 points in wPrime 32M using the quad - kinda shocked, TBH.

gives me some fuel to bump the clock back up to 3.8 and start plowing benchies!
  6. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, one question? how exactly does this HWBot team work? I wen to the page that is linked in post #1, but I dont see anything really. Can you guys chime in some info. Thanks.
  7. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    you register to their database, then you submit your benchmark scores and upload screenshots of the benchmark run. Their system verifies the score, and that score is ranked based upon your performance and the hardware involved. If the score is good enough, you'll recieve points for the submission.
    Chicken Patty says thanks.
  8. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Got it bro, thanks. I already submitted a few benchmarks. I will be doing some testing in these upcoming months, I am in the process of buidling a spider platform so I'll be buying stuff and testing them, etc etc.
  9. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    just browsing some HWbot scores, and I'm further itchin to get a liquid cooling setup under the hood (damn fundage!).

I'm pretty confident as it stands now being able to run at 3.8 on air, I could nab highest dual X1950 PRO setup for 3m06 - even higher under liquid. Possibly also 3m05, 3m03, 3m01 scores as well. AqM might be a bit of a challenge, though, but I'm up for it :D

With liquid, I could even through my P4 524 CPU back in and reclaim all my #1 standings with that CPU.

As well, throwing my X700 PRO GDDR3 card back in, I might be able to sweep out the board with top scores as well . . . I know that card can OC it's bawlz off, but it's been a long time since I've used it.

And considering the low number of scores submitted with an X1300 512MB, my chances are looking good as well.

Also have an X1650 PRO, but glancing those leader scores and hardware clocks, I'm not sure what I could pull with it - still might be worth the effort, though.

damn, I think once I finally have a liquid setup, I'm going to have to take another week off of work :laugh: :toast: :rockout:
  10. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    I just water cooled my system this week, and I love it. I have an athlon x2 which dont overclock much, on water i was able to go from 3.3 to 3.5. HOwever I just received my Swiftech MCW60 waterblock today and watercooled the card. I will flash bios tomorrow and try to push my 2900 to see what I can get. Hopefully I can break into the 13000 3dmarks. Lets see.
  11. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    The link doesnt work for me..
  12. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    I really wanna join but the link doenst work..
  13. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    go to hwbot.org
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  15. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've already got everything picked out, funds have just been a little tight - every time I turn around, something crops up; I also intend to replace the PSU, as I think I'm pushing the limits of my current unit, which should be within the next couple of weeks.

Anyhow, I'm confident I can get this quad over 4G on HOH. Highest I've gone on air is 3.8, but she was pushing 85-88C core temps under load. Can't do 4 on air :(

We need to pick up some more points for TPU, though, looks like we're all lagging behind a bit :p
  16. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i tihnk everyone should use the sig i made :D
  17. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    submitted some more scores with this quad . . . earned some points so far. Damn, though, I hadn't realized I had lost so much standing with that P4 . . . I might have to dig that proc back out . . . :ohwell:
  18. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    With all the people you have here why are you guys not number 1? How come you have not entered "Forum warz"? we came in second with far fewer people "411OC". Winter warz is coming up after the first of the year, should be interesting to say the least.......
  19. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    how does "forum warz" work, what is it?
  20. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2706

they are run off the Raptorpit forums, basically its the same thing as HWbot but it is a limited time to test, then post. Also there are different classes to enter depending on if you have quad fire GPU'S or you use phase change to cool the CPU.

this is the results from the summer forum warz.

http://www.forumwars.us/

Need more ask, it is all good clean fun. But at the same time very intensive as you want your team to win, we almost won the summer warz but at the last minute a few of our guys broke there systems and some never posted their scores witch set us in second place. Still for a new site we were all happy:toast:.
    Chicken Patty says thanks.
  21. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:

thats cool, but right now I can't be benching my computer as I cannot afford to break anything. It would really suck if my rig let go now. But hopefully for the next season I can join :toast:, i'll have a bench rig by then, hopefully.
    jaggerwild says thanks.
  22. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    I understand that! But know there are all sorts of machines from AMD and Intel and all sorts of hardware too. so you do not have to have the best there is, just be able to clock what you have very well.

Cheers! Ty for the TY :toast:
  23. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    thanks, i'll check it out in more detail tonight. I probably won't resist temptations and do it anyways hehe.
  24. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, I disagree. I just joined and i just started scoring, and I would be really pissed if i was removed from the team because I haven't had a chance to score any points yet.IMO. Im sure others would agree with me.

OK, back to the reason I'm here. Why is it when i submit my benches that I either get .5 or no scores at all? I know what I'm doing when it comes to running benches and Overclocking. Am I not doing something? Cause Ive seen many people with similar systems like mine with LOWER benchmarks, but they have higher scores than me WTF!? :wtf:
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  25. jaggerwild

jaggerwild

Thanks Received:
    Hey JM,

You know it takes several hours for them to update thier system right? Just thought I'd put it out there for ya.
    _jM says thanks.