1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Brand New Quad-core Phenom Platform, DFI LANParty UT 790FX-M2R Launched

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Nov 22, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Another very well known brand is launching today a brand new motherboard for AMD Phenom processors. DFI LANParty UT 790FX-M2R features the highest performance AMD chipset 790FX and SB600 southbridge. Additionally to the quad-core AMD Phenom CPU support you'll receive Digital PWM, Bernstein Audio module, advance heat pipe + Transpiper cooling, 3-way CrossFire support, and what matters to me the most: three PCI slots. Find out more here.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: DFI
  2. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Man I love DFI boards... They just look so good and you know they are going to kik ass..
    That would be my choice if I was going for a phenom setup.

Its actually enjoyable in some sick kinda way having to spend 3 months getting them to work properly... lol :)
  3. springs113

Thanks Received:
    me too i kinda like the look and layout of this board...now im definately thinking of changing my mind from the msi board just because of the extra pci
  4. Woah Mama! New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice. Since acquiring my 939 Lanparty Ultra-D, I think that DFI is the way I will always go for motherboards now.
  5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I agree they make terrific boards, and these look phenomenal, however, I dont have the time and patience to sit and tweak the massive amount of memory timings and settings you get with these boards. I prefer advanced options, but not so advanced it wears you out.
  6. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    My 939 Lanparty Ultra-D was so much fun. Once you got familiar with the bios, you had so much control. My only issue is they are so expensive. That's the only reason I haven't bought their p35 lanparty, and instead bought a p35 Infinity "Blood Iron".
  7. -2kill-

-2kill- New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heatsink clips look a hell of alot easier to install then intels variant aswell.
  8. springs113

Thanks Received:
    i think that its just on intel side of things when it comes to expensive boards....
    i cant understand why...the only thing that i hate about dfi is that they are always late to the seen...thankfully i didnt break and buy that msi k9a lastnite