• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The HD 5970 Clubhouse

juanP

mine does not go beyond 34K score on vantage with the 11.2 drivers.

how do you guys get 37K plus points??

Last edited:

t_ski

Former Staff
System Name My i7 Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard Asus X99-A II
Cooling Nickel-plated EK Supremacy EVO, D5 with XSPC Bayres & BIX Quad Radiator
Memory 4 x 8GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SuperClocked
Storage Samsung 950 Pro 256GB m.2 SSD + 480GB Sandisk storage SSD
Display(s) Three Asus 24" VW246H LCD's
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Looks like I'm selling my cards. I have two EK waterblocks (nickel & black acetal with black backplates) that will be for sale soon (one used and one new). LMK if anyone is interested.

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
bump for madbad3k :)

madbad3k

Helo there,
Could you please tell me if the 'HD 5970 Clubhouse' is still operating, as i'm having difficulty finding it in the forums?

I have a Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC version, and keen to get the best out of it, but limited to 800Mhz x 1100 Mhz OC.. = Flight Sims & ArmA 2

I have tried installing the Sapphire 'Redline' Voltage utility, but this refuses to install - believe other people have the same issues on W7 64bit?

Has anyone got this utlity to install / work correctly?

My rig is

DELL 2707-WFP 1920x1200
Gigabyte P55-UD6
Intel i5 750 @ 4Ghz
Sapphire HD5970 2GB OC
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance LV 1.35V
Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 (SFX)
OCZ Vertez 2 = 64GB & 240GB
W7 Professional 64Bit

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
Hi madbad3k, first of all welcome to TechPowerUP!

Yes this clubhouse will still remain in operation. However the guys who buy a high-end card upon release will buy the next released high-end card upon release. Meaning that many of the members here now own either 6990, 6970 or GTX590 hence won't follow this clubhouse so much. I personally have neglected this place since during summer I go to another place with only the laptop... :(

But back on topic, I take it you want to install the Redline Voltage utility to overclock. Have you tried overclocking using Ati Overdrive? Often a good OC can be achieved without touching the voltages.

I have W7 64 bit too on my desktop, and now that you mention I will be trying out the Redline Utility and see if it works. However, it might be a couple of weeks before I do so since I haven't yet moved back home.

D

Deleted member 74752

Why not just flash it with an ASUS bios and use Afterburner?

t_ski

Former Staff
System Name My i7 Beast
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K95
I have tried installing the Sapphire 'Redline' Voltage utility, but this refuses to install - believe other people have the same issues on W7 64bit?

Has anyone got this utlity to install / work correctly?

I don't use it (I used Afterburner), but you may be able to get it to install by right-clicking on the installer package and install it in compatibility mode. (right-click, properties, compatibility tab, choose OS)

madbad3k

Yes this clubhouse will still remain in operation. However the guys who buy a high-end card upon release will buy the next released high-end card upon release. Meaning that many of the members here now own either 6990, 6970 or GTX590 hence won't follow this clubhouse so much. I personally have neglected this place since during summer I go to another place with only the laptop... :(

But back on topic, I take it you want to install the Redline Voltage utility to overclock. Have you tried overclocking using Ati Overdrive? Often a good OC can be achieved without touching the voltages.

I have W7 64 bit too on my desktop, and now that you mention I will be trying out the Redline Utility and see if it works. However, it might be a couple of weeks before I do so since I haven't yet moved back home.

Yip,

ATI Overdrive is the 1st utility I use... and have already OC'd it to 800Mhz / 1100 Mhz, which is about 10% OC. The Card doesnt keep stable much over that setting.

WRT to the RED LINE utility, i read somewhere that it was a problem with 'program code' and you could edit it if you understood how to do it in HEX Decimal (i think?)! I know the Sapphire 5970 OC version will clock higher than a 5870 if the RED Line utility would work (which is about a 25% OC on the 5970) :(

D

Deleted member 74752

madbad3k

I have done it many times and had no prior experience...many here to help you as well. I used a small usb stick to do mine. See this thread for more info: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130736&highlight=flashing+ATI+5970

Right! I read the post.... then all the other posts, which made it quite confusing to work out what was what.

I have downloaded the files necessary to make a'bootable' USB fob.

I havent downloaded any files or bios to do the flashing yet.
So do i need a Vbios file to 'flash' the 5970 hardware, then a separate software 'Bios' file to use within W7, after its flashed?

So what are the latest edition files and/or Vbios i need to flash the card, (does this automatically bump up the voltage)?

Do i then need a separate bios profile for a 900 /1200 or higher overclock? I tried reading all the posts, but there were so many, it got confusing, what was what. I havent encountered any of the problems with artifacts / glitches or low temp problems other posts described. My card is pretty stable.

Will the flash & bios profiles be stable with the V 11.9 CCC drivers?

(I have the Sapphire 5970 OC version, which is OC in ATI Overdrive tool, it seems to be stable at 800 /1100 & runs in the 30s temp wise at idle).

Any assistance / idiot guide for the installation / flashing using the latest files / bios would be appreciated

madbad3k

I don't use it (I used Afterburner), but you may be able to get it to install by right-clicking on the installer package and install it in compatibility mode. (right-click, properties, compatibility tab, choose OS)

Hi there,

I had tried it previously on XP and W7, using various compatibility settings....... the utilty just says type of card it not recognised by this utility. If you google it, there are plenty of reviews of the 5970, saying that the Redline Utility doesnt reconise the card. Surprised that Sapphire havent fixed it though :(

madbad3k

HD5970 flashing bios

Have been reading the various posts in the link... but trying to confirm the following

1. I can flash using the Vbios 900 /1200, for an aircooled 5970?

2. What voltage does this bump the card upto 1.1625V / 1.15V ?

3. Once flashed, do i need to stick to the above 900/1200 setting... or can i use MSI Afterburner to get more OC? Some posts say not to use 3rd party utils, some say that they reset to idle mode, some say that the profile doesnt last a re-boot?

I just want to know what option is best.
If i can get 1000 / 1300 i'd be very happy. Can this be done from MSI Afterburner, if so, does it survive a reboot? Or do i need a 1000 / 1300 Vbios?

Sorry for all the ???s but there are so many posts.

PS: where do i find the very latest Vbios and where can i confirm if the latest CCC 11.9 drivers are a good match?

madbad3k

Redline Utility is bugged. I have already OC card to 800 / 1100 via Overdrive

Have been reading the various posts in the link... but trying to confirm the following

3. Once flashed, do i need to stick to the above 900/1200 setting... or can i use MSI Afterburner to get more OC? Some posts say not to use 3rd party utils, some say that they reset to idle mode, some say that the profile doesnt last a re-boot?

If i can get 1000 / 1300 i'd be very happy. Can this be done from MSI Afterburner, if so, does it survive a reboot? Or do i need a 1000 / 1300 Vbios?

PS: where do i find the very latest Vbios and where can i confirm if the latest CCC 11.9 drivers are a good match?

t_ski

Former Staff
System Name My i7 Beast
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K95
Hi there,

I had tried it previously on XP and W7, using various compatibility settings....... the utilty just says type of card it not recognised by this utility. If you google it, there are plenty of reviews of the 5970, saying that the Redline Utility doesnt reconise the card. Surprised that Sapphire havent fixed it though :(

Redline Utility is bugged. I have already OC card to 800 / 1100 via Overdrive

Please use the multi-quote button or edit your posts instead of posting three times in a row. Thanks :toast:

D

Deleted member 74752

I would flash to the lower clock bios and just use Afterburner to squeak out some more if you need it. You can set clocks in AB so it will boot into your selection when Windows starts up.